Democrats Are Just Plain Stupid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't have a copilot at all anymore. I was delivering our old plane to a buyer.

#11     Jun 13, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

I thought a jet required two pilots by law or reg or something.

#12     Jun 13, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Generally only if maximum gross take off weight is over 12,500 lbs. Which is not only arbitrary but kinda silly, but I digress. Our newer plane is constructed primarily of carbon fiber. So even though it has a slightly larger cabin, much more baggage space, same range and a little more speed it weighs over 6,000 lbs less than the all metal older jet. It also burns 25 - 30% less fuel. Some operate theirs with two crew but only one is required by the FAA provided the pilot completed the somewhat more strenuous single pilot qualification.

#13     Jun 13, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

I didn't know that. I thought it was more of a safety factor because when things start going wrong in a jet they go wrong in a hurry. Now I know. Sounds like a nice plane! :D

#14     Jun 13, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well it doesn't carry the perceived prestige of a Gulfstream or similar sized aircraft. But it's an improvement over the older one and you can't beat my work environment and quality of life. Unless maybe you win the lottery.

#15     Jun 13, 2013
  6. Which country did you deliver the plane to , Luke?

#16     Jun 14, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Little Havana

#17     Jun 14, 2013
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Luke, can you get Cuban cigars in that part of Miami? Probably a dumb question... I do love a nice Cuban Cohiba, Romeo y julieta, etc.,

#18     Jun 14, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I left there an hour ago buddy, I'm in Jupiter at the moment.

#19     Jun 14, 2013
  10. I bet El Cubano could hook you up.

#20     Jun 14, 2013