Democrats are hypocrites

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 15, 2003.

1. "5) Most liberals want to abolish guns, of course don't tell that to their armed security team that patrols their private estates. And those rich liberals who don't have body guards, live in nice posh neighborhoods where security isn't a problem. "

Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), on CBS' "60 Minutes"-- "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done it."

I thought it was a well known fact that the liberals/dems are
    very anti-gun. Tampa must live in a dark closet with
    no TV or something. Just ask the NRA who their worst
    enemy is. The word DUH comes to mind, or is it DUH-mercat? :D

peace

axeman

#21     Sep 16, 2003
  2. tampa

tampa

The article appears authentic - and certainly most interesting. There is no defending the culprits. Nor will I try to do so.

But there are two interesting points to be made here.

1) is that poor ol' mav was unable to "name names"
    2) Is the incredible ability of neo-cons to find hypocrisy in others, and inability to find any at home.

One must feel sorry for the conservative - he lives in a world full of enemies, where everyone else is wrong, out to get him, and can do nothing right. He, on the other hand, is pure, always right, and without any blame for anything that might be wrong. He is patriotic, his opponent is not. He knows best, his opponent knows only how to do wrong. The list would seem to be endless.

If only the rest of us could climb to the high standards set by the conservatives.

I, by the way, can name a "Hollywood" type who drives a 6 MPG SUV - he's a Republican, running for Staye office - his name is Arnold.

#22     Sep 16, 2003
  3. Arnold also has a record for being anti-gun.

He is a joke of a republican, but the Rebs know he's their
    best shot at winning. They probably hope they can
    influence him to become more republican AFTER he wins.

Who else are they going to run with? They have no choice.

peace

axeman

#23     Sep 16, 2003
  4. maxpi

maxpi

He clarified things; he gets 14 mpg out of his Hummer.

#24     Sep 16, 2003
  5. tampa

tampa

I believe the charge was that "most liberals" wanted to abolish guns. You cited on who was expressing a wishful thought - the lady has not offered any bill to the effect - nor has any other member that I know of.

The only well known fact that I am aware of where guns and liberals are concerned, is for "gun control" - not gun abolishment.

Would I be off base if I said that many conservatives tend to stretch a point if it helps them?

#25     Sep 16, 2003
  6. tampa

tampa

My my - that's 8 MPG better than the EPA rating - what a guy!

#26     Sep 16, 2003
  7. Common tampa.... do you really need this proven to you?
    Do you follow the gun debate at all?

I've followed the gun debate for years, and saying that
    the majrotiy liberals are anti-gun is about as accurate
    as saying the world is spherical.

I think it's very fair to say that "MOST" liberals are anti-gun.
    Do most want to completely ABOLISH gun ownership?

That's debateable. There is no way that can even be
    researched since even if it were true, those slimy
    politicians would never freely admit it.

If we de-exxagerate the original statement, that reasonable
    statement would be: "Most liberals are pro gun control".

Which the pro gun/rebs read as "All liberals are for the
    complete abolishment of gun ownership". :D

I at least understood what the original poster meant, and
    disregarded the "extra pepper/spice" he added.

tampa: "Would I be off base if I said that many conservatives tend to stretch a point if it helps them? "

That's exactly what happened. Both sides do it.
    But Maverick still made his point.

peace

axeman

#27     Sep 16, 2003
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey Tampa, this might strike you as odd but I do trade for a living and I can be very very busy sometimes. I tend to post on these boards in clumps. If I have some free time I might post a lot for 2 or 3 days then not post at all for 3 weeks. So just because I fail to read every one of your posts in real time and respond to them within the hour please don't attack me. I am currently having some software issues at work and they are occupying my time. I'm sure those names wouldn't be that hard to find. I know for a fact that Michael Moore drives a big fat SUV. He amdits it freely and says its one of his vices. I know for a fact that Al gore went to St. Albans prep school and did all the Gore children. Also Chelsea Clinton went to private school as well. I think someone on here already mentioned Rosie O'Donnell and her armed security guards. I'm sure I could come up with a much better list but like I said, I trade for a living so I can be very busy. Don't use that as an excuse.

The whole point to the hypocrisy argument is that republicans actually live like republicans, democrats also live like republicans but create liberal policies. That is where the hypocrisy lives. I would love for you to point out 5 republicans that want higher taxes, that want federal funding for abortions, that don't want school vouchers, that want to increase government social programs, that want more regulation. You won't be able to because they talk the talk and walk the walk. Al Gore does not live like a democrat. No f*cking way does he. Oh and as far as tax evasion, I believe the Kennedy family trust is one of the largest in the world. It's purpose? Tax evasion.

#28     Sep 16, 2003
  9. It certainly IS a strange world they live in.

As for gun control, handguns (unless you have a reason for one, like a business reason, which, incidentally is the only way a civilian can carry a handgun in NYC) should be banned. They serve no useful purpose, other than for concealment, robbery, harassment, and fueling the neocon general sense of paranoia with an unfounded general sense of "security."

"You pull any of that shit with me...you take your piece out on the lane, and I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass, and pull the trigger until it goes click...you said it man, nobody fucks with the jesus." -the big lebowski

Same goes for assault rifles. No purpose other than to feed paranoia and violence. I don't want some fuckhead gangbanger shooting me with a concealed weapon, and I sure as shit don't want some asshole driving through my neighborhood shooting shit up with an assault rifle.

Neocons and their assault-weapon loving paranoia don't seem to realize that it helps fuel the kind of shit they are most afraid of -- violent criminals and gangs. That's pretty assinine.

Hunting is a good pursuit, as is target shooting or collecting, and rifles for this purpose are fine by me...

#29     Sep 16, 2003
  10. Surely you jest?

peace

axeman

#30     Sep 16, 2003