Democratic Senator Jim Webb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Gave a pretty eloquent response to the President's "State of The Union Address" last night . . .

http://www.webbforsenate.com/biography/index.php

Great bio of military service by his entire family, including his Dad that was an Air Force cargo plane pilot in WW-2, and Webb himself graduating from the Naval Academy and going into the Marines in Vietnam.

His son is currently departing on his second tour of Iraq as a recon-Marine.

We could use more great Americans like him!

:)

2. Yeah, Webb is very adept at patting himself on the back.

He is a smart guy, no question, but he is even less likeable than Hillary. The Dem's are desperate not to be tarred as defeatist wimps, so they let a guy who has been in the Senate for 2 weeks give their response to the SOTU.

And what did he say that was so fantastic, other than he and his son were in the military? I will concede that even knowing someone in the military makes him very unique for a Democrat. Most Democrats know more transsexuals than they do service members.

3. The media must have been furious that the Dem's didn't let Obama give the response. That would have been "must see TV" instead of the instant channel surfing Webb produced.

4. Did I read wrong that you said you wanted people to "drop partisanship?" Or did you only want others to drop partisanship but not yourself?

5. You obviously are not a very good listener . . .

"As I look at Iraq, I recall the words of former general and soon-to-be President Dwight Eisenhower during the dark days of the Korean War, which had fallen into a bloody stalemate. "When comes the end?" asked the General who had commanded our forces in Europe during World War Two. And as soon as he became President, he brought the Korean War to an end.

These Presidents took the right kind of action, for the benefit of the American people and for the health of our relations around the world. Tonight we are calling on this President to take similar action, in both areas. If he does, we will join him. If he does not, we will be showing him the way."

6. Sorry, I just don't see what is so great about that. Is he saying the situation in Iraq is analogous to that in Korea? Obviously, that is nonsense.

What is Webb's point, other than that he is wise, courageous and brilliant, and like John Kerry, he served in the Nam? That we should pull out of Iraq and let the Iranians co-opt it?

And what does he mean "we will be showing him the way?" In case he forgot, the President runs the military and conducts foreign affairs , not the congress. I will concede that if he means what he seems to mean, that we should surrender, the Democrats do have a rich history of pulling the rug out form under our troops and our allies.

7. I believe I made that remark in terms of coming up with a solution to either the Iraq or Iran issue. Clearly there is a thin line between constructive debate and encouraging our enemies. The Democrats seem to have a lot of trouble with staying on the appropriate side of that line.

I don't think making fun of a pompous jerk like Webb has the potential to encourage al qaeda or the Iranian clerics, so I don't think I have crossed the line.

Anyway, I am a uniter not a divider. It's not my fault if the Democrats' "plan" for dealing with terrorism is to beg them not hurt us.

8. Jim Webb is a stud. Some right-wing douche bags in the Beltway don't deserve him.

I'd like to see Webb and Bush in a real-life Celebrity Death Match. A propeller-headed Yaley cheerleader and air national guard puke dilettante verses a Naval Academy grad and combat hardened Marine Corps fire team leader.

To the great benefit of the United States of America…that shit would be over in ten seconds

9. Please AAA, dry your eyes, wipe your nose and accept that your Macaca boy is history...

If Webb were a republican, you would be saying his appearance is that of a strong willed leader, self confident and assured, clear minded and righteous...

See, the thing about non black and white thinking dems, is that they don't function from mindlessly by party lines, they go by issues, debate them, sometimes change their mind, act like a human being, not a robot like dittohead...

10. And you're saying this with a straight face?

#10     Jan 24, 2007