Democrat Way!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Okay, here you go. Kid asks a loaded question on the street and refuses to identify himself. That is insolence personified. It is certainly not illegal, but it makes him no less of a punk. There were no heroes in that video.

#51     Jun 14, 2010
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Is it insolence when a reporter asks a loaded question? What difference does it make WHO asked what.

Btw, nice hole you're digging. Maybe you should stop. :D

#52     Jun 14, 2010
  3. No, I'll have to keep digging a full 12 feet for you, double the usual. Because, deep down, Republicans aren't that bad. :p

#53     Jun 14, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough. At least you have a good reason for your bad mood today, unlike me! Anyway, maybe the congressman had just seen a video that ticked him off, or maybe the kid did, or both? Anyway, "democrat way" is, to put it nicely, an overstatement.

#54     Jun 14, 2010
  5. If your own child is insolent you grab them and show them whats for.

When a strangers child is insolent and you grab them its assault.

No?

This man has anger issues and the college student deserves a public apology.

#55     Jun 14, 2010
  6. Did I defend the congressman? As I noted earlier, there were no heroes in that video. The congressman did not react appropriately to an asshole.

As an aside, imagine what might have happened if a shoot-from-the-hip, open-carry Republican congressman had been ambushed by an insolent punk with cameraman and asked a loaded question. Then you might have some real footage.

#56     Jun 14, 2010
  7. Not outright, but repeatedly saying the kid was insolent leads one to believe he deserved the physical response.

I`m not playing right v left. This congressman acted like a drunken thug who thought someone looked at his girlfriend in the bar. This is who represents us....

#57     Jun 14, 2010
  8. Please, don't lower yourself to willfull ignorance. I see it everyday, all day, whenever these clowns appear on television. This video is nothing more than a sampling of what goes on every single day. Our politicians have nothing but contempt for the people of this country. Their, we can't be bothered with it all attitude oozes out of every word they speak. They know they're untouchable and until they get "touched" nothing is going to change.
    Problem is, who wants to spend the rest of their life in jail for giving one of these bastards the beating they deserve. Not me! I admitt to not having the courage of my convictions on this issue. The overwhelming majority are in the same camp and the scum in D.C. know it. But one day, some guy that's lost it all, has nothing left to lose will snap, and then I will salute that man and throw a f'n party in his honor, for he will be a hero to the common man.

#58     Jun 14, 2010
  9. That was not the intent. I specifically noted otherwise. And what do you think was the intent of the Right Wingers here who made no mention of the kid's behavior, focusing exclusively on the congressman? You think maybe they were just keeping to their narrative? How many of them at least acknowledged the kid's conduct? Which side owns the bias on this one?

#59     Jun 14, 2010
  10. I don't believe I recall such outrage on your part during the Bush years. Was everything pretty much as it should have been then? Or were you perhaps busy formulating this post during those 8 years and only now found the time to actually post it?

#60     Jun 14, 2010