Democrat Charlie Rangel Found Guilty On 11 Counts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Nov 16, 2010.

1. rc8222

rc8222

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

change we can believe in!

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now if they would just throw him out of congress and strip him of all congressional benefits.

4. In the Battle of Kunu-ri, Rangel was part of a vehicle column that was trapped and attacked by the Chinese Army. In the subzero cold, Rangel was injured by shrapnel from a Chinese shell.

Some U.S. soldiers were being taken prisoner, but others looked to Rangel, who though only a private first class had a reputation for leadership in the unit. Rangel led some 40 men from his unit, during three days of freezing weather, out of the Chinese encirclement; nearly half of the battalion was killed in the overall battle.

Rangel was awarded a Purple Heart for his wounds and the Bronze Star with Valor for his actions in the face of death. His Army unit was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation, the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, and three battle stars.

5. I had no idea

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

if it happened the way it is written above, then i am even more saddened by the fact that a once honorable soldier fell so far.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me neither, but if he's guilty then it changes nothing imo.

8. Quite a steep drop from soldier to crook.

9. rc8222

rc8222

Rangel can be considered a war hero, but is also a criminal that took advantage of his powerful position in Congress. The same can be said of former Republican Congressman Randy 'Duke' Cunningham. Like Rangel, Cunningham was a decorated war hero, having served as a navy fighter pilot in the Vietnam War. Later serving as a Congressman, Cunningham had taken millions of dollars in bribes, in addition to free homes, home renovations, etc... He was eventually sent to prison for his criminal misdeeds. I'm not sure if Rangel will ever be prosecuted by a criminal court for his corrupt acts, but the damage to his career has been done.
    It's too bad that former war hero's like Rangel and Cunningham had to also tarnish their military legacy's by giving into their own greed, arrogance and stupidity.

10. Rangel is indeed a battle hardened veteran and war hero. If I were in a firefight I'd want him by my side. There are precious few men that make that cut. His career in politics only goes to show that Washington D.C. can corrupt even the most honorable of men.

#10     Nov 16, 2010