Democrat California, What a paradise!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 12, 2019.

1. TJustice

TJustice

By the way there are programs which try to get vets into home ownership. I looked into it and went to town meetings in CA.

When a town tries to execute on that program by building homes and selling them at a lower cost than FMV... underprivileged groups start going to town meetings saying they want subsidized homes too.
    I remember one person telling us her family wants good schools too and sort of lectured us on our privilege. (she may have been a vet I don't remember) But, I was pretty sure that entitled attitude hurt the chances of the project.
    The town then brought in the housing group that was going to help and they could not promise the homes would go to vets. I have seen no progress on the project since.

That is how interest group politics rolls in CA.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    #21     Feb 13, 2019
  2. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

I will say this for Gavin Newsome. While I really despise most of his leftist policies it must be admitted that he is NOT batshit crazy like Jerry Moonbeam Brown.

This guy has cancelled the High Speed Rail project and also one of the two Delta Bypass Tunnels. I am hopeful he will cancel the remaining planned Delta tunnel.

It seems he is paying attention to the bottom line, even if he is a liberal loon in his own right. His intent may be malignant, like spending the money on universal healthcare but he has certainly made two fiscally conservative moves at the outset.

#22     Feb 13, 2019
  3. He is paying attention to his 2024 run for the white house.

And definitely does not want that high speed rail fiasco hung around his neck with several more years of cost overruns and not much train built by the time 2024 comes along. He is cutting his losses on day one which is in fact smart.

#23     Feb 13, 2019
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

And of tax cuts for the rich and more military spending than the next 12 countries combined

#24     Feb 13, 2019
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

#25     Feb 13, 2019
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

He's gonna wait for 4 years after Trump leaves office?

#26     Feb 13, 2019
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Right after Kamala,Biden etc leaves office

#27     Feb 13, 2019
  8. We were told at the Veteran mortgage training seminar that many vets will not accept anything they consider a handout. Some Vets actually have to be sold they can have zero down, a interest rate generally 1/4% below conventional, and more flexible underwriting in some areas than FHA. The usual way to sell them is by informing them the program is in place to encourage enlistment in the armed forces and their participation increases program funding for other vets.

#28     Feb 13, 2019
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

[​IMG]

#29     Feb 13, 2019
  10. Well, what are you saying? That he is going to run for 2020 or what? He either gets in on this cycle or the next one after that in 2024. I dont follow. He just became governor so this cycle is out.

Or are you replying to one of tards that I have on ignore.

#30     Feb 13, 2019