Democrat California, What a paradise!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 12, 2019.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The Veteran homeless rate has continued to decline in North Carolina. This is primarily due to the HUD-VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program.

The reduction of homelessness for female veterans in North Carolina can be attributed to the "Joining Forces" initiative started and driven by Michelle Obama to support military families and end female veteran homelessness. It was heavily promoted in our state with many visits by Michelle.

Veteran Homelessness Continues to Decline in North Carolina, Nationally
    https://www.nchfa.com/news/veteran-homelessness-continues-decline-north-carolina-nationally

#11     Feb 13, 2019
  2. I believe that is my point, homelessness is not a fall out of libtard or republicant's policies and solutions can come from either side. Just that most politicians want to ignore it (GOP) or throw money at it (Dems) without tackling the bigger issues. Also homelessness has very regional specific drivers that cannot be addressed with national policies. Federal government support should be filtered through local government initiaitives to address problems in their own backyards.

#12     Feb 13, 2019
  3. TJustice

TJustice

I am not judging the desire to help people as a negative. So I am not putting leftists down for this.

But, its a very common problem. The handout takers go to where the handouts are. Instead of fixing the problem by increasing handouts... as LA has...

Increasing handouts increases the handout takers. I read the L.A. homeless population went up 23% with their new anti homeless initiatives. Not vouching for that info... but I have seen it a few times.

Guiliani (spelling) showed us what happens when you change welfare to workfare.

#13     Feb 13, 2019
  4. It's amazing how all of you conservative assholes just complain about everything without providing any solution or insight. homelessness in a big part is a symptom of mental health same as the majority of mass shootings. just imagine, if we put all of the money and the passion that is being poured into building a fucking useless wall into addressing the mental health in our country, we will get so much more out of it, good things that will be beneficial and fulfilling at the same time.
    next time you motherfuckers complain about homeless folks or mass shootings or mega metropolitan cities cause they lean democratic, just remember that you prefer to spend money on a pointless cause like a wall instead of ways and means to address and handle mental health in our country.

#14     Feb 13, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#15     Feb 13, 2019
  6. I don't have the time or any interest to reply to your lazy and cliche google search result posts. come back with your response if you actually have something to add, otherwise just buzz off.

#16     Feb 13, 2019
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You should watch the videos and educate yourself.

#17     Feb 13, 2019
  8. TJustice

TJustice

You are not picking up what some of us a are saying
    We desire real solutions not just spend more and tax more.
    No point in spending more if the govt's solutions are no working.

War on poverty failure.
    War on homeless failure
    War on Drugs... probably a failure
    Diversity creation... failure
    Obamacare expensive lies and mostly failure.
    Govt loan programs... mostly increased the costs of tuition at institutions which alllowed the weaker ones to jack up their prices and straddle students with massive debt.

Basically the govt has not done much good in 30 years. And they have done a lot of bad. 200 taxes. Stealing of liberty...

lets try to fix the problem before we just tax it and spend it.

#18     Feb 13, 2019
  9. I recently attended a VA mortgage training seminar. Indeed, a lot of homeless are veterans. For every soldier killed in action, 27 end up comitting suicide. Many, if not most, veterans are not aware of a lot of the benefits they are eligible for.

It seems to me there has been a long term systemic failure in how we handle known veteran post service challenges. I would think vet group counseling sessions made up of former vets both pre-deployment and before they leave the service could be helpful.

The instructor for the VA seminar felt there were many physcological benefits for a veteran to own a home. The benefits included having something to take care of and pride.

The Republicans talk a lot how much they value our serviceman, while allowing the VA health system to remain in shambles. It is time to properly address this and the homeless issue by both parties, even at the expense of reducing the number of wars we involve ourselves in.

#19     Feb 13, 2019
  10. elderado

elderado

Wait, what?

Instead of a bunch of psychologists signing petitions and wearing pussy hats and complaining about Trump, how about they spend THEIR time helping out vets who actually have some needs?

Not everything is political.

At this point, one could reasonably argue that the inability to cope for vets has been going on for at least 50 years. Perhaps the psychology community is the actual failure here.

#20     Feb 13, 2019