Democraps Want Another Stimulus Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

The comment about easing into a recession in 1998 should disqualify a person from speaking and breeding.

#41     Nov 18, 2012
  2. exGOPer

exGOPer

You have a problem reading, don't you? I said a 'year after' when the internet bubble was peaking. Typical disingenuous Con.

#42     Nov 18, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

You and I both know it was just a bought and paid for election. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you see the CBO chart of the recovery under Obama vs the average recovery that I posted in another trread? You'll notice the lack of growth is consistent even though an amazingly unprecidented $800 billion was wasted by Obama. Think about that for a while if you can.

And, as far as 2014, you nor anyone else has a clue what is going to happen to shape that election. I doubt we will be much of a country by then.

#43     Nov 18, 2012
  4. exGOPer

exGOPer

Yea, a 0.2% reduction in spending clearly fixed that.

But you still haven't answered my question - name these pre-1997 policies and their impact on the economy.

Here comes the retard with another set of disingenuous data

Why the fuck would you include 97 in there when the GOP policies fully went into effect only in 98?

And here comes the strawman, the biggest tool in the wingnut toolbox. When did I ever talk about a 'flawless' model???

#44     Nov 18, 2012
  5. Mav88

Mav88

you lie about what you just wrote, the call me disingenuous? LOL

#45     Nov 18, 2012
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

AGAIN, the Repub policies went into effect in 1998 and not 1997 - do you even know how policies work? The tax cut (that you wanted me to double count) went into effect in 1998 and a year later, the economy peaked and started sliding. Why is this so hard to understand?

Also, if Repubs are to be credited with the 98-99 economic growth, why aren't they to blame for the slide from 99 onwards? I bet you won't answer that.

#46     Nov 18, 2012
  7. exGOPer

exGOPer

Somebody explain to this idiot what the Taxpayer Relief Act contained and when it went into effect.

#47     Nov 18, 2012
  8. Mav88

Mav88

FY 98 starts in the fall of 1997, there was no slide, and no start of a slide in 1999. GDP growth in 2000 was 4.1%. You are absolutely full of shit when you say a slide started 1 year later than oct. 1997. You cannot grasp simple arithmetic and have no business even talking about this topic.

the next recession did not appear until 2001 and it was very mild. There was 3 years after above trend growth after the 1997 cuts. Sept. 11 and the housing bubble came next, which changed everything, however growth did start again in 2003 when another round of tax cuts occurred.

The question is who is to blame for the housing bubble has been discussed among many threads here.

#48     Nov 18, 2012
  9. Mav88

Mav88

fall 1997 you dipshit

#49     Nov 18, 2012
  10. exGOPer

exGOPer

Thanks for stating the obvious which is why I have carefully repeated the word FULLY many times while you are counting the ENTIRE 1997 in your bullshit GDP analysis.

Now go on, peddle some more disingenuous bullshit.

#50     Nov 18, 2012