Democraps Want Another Stimulus Bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 18, 2012.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Still waiting on you to elaborate on these policies you speak of - I clearly mentioned the particular Clinton policy that led to economic improvement while you are talking about a 97 policy without any mention of the pre-97 Republican policy that had an impact on the budget.

2. I stopped taking your 'economics' less seriously when you wanted me to double count the capital gains tax cuts even after I already listed them.

3. Another rant about models, still waiting on the Republican policies that led to the pre-97 growth.

#31     Nov 18, 2012
  2. Mav88

Mav88

1. they forced clinton to the middle and reshaped the budget

2. why do you take yourself seriously when you misquote your own data?you claimed GDP growth was higher pre 1997 when all you had to do was check it

3. It not a rant, it is the fact of the matter. Models are how one calculates the exact effect of tax rate changes on GDP growth in the manner you are talking about. If you don't know that, then what can I say? You are a willfully ignorant tool.

The other way is to simply watch what happens to GDP after a policy change, on that you lose too since GDP growth was higher post 1997 than pre 1997.

#32     Nov 18, 2012
  3. exGOPer

exGOPer

1. Repubs were opposed to Clinton's 93 budget which has the biggest impact of all the policy changes in the 90's. Name the specific changes that Repubs forced pre-97, I will tell you their direct impact on the economy.

2. I never said anything remotely close to that, I said that GDP growth was on the upswing which is absolutely true. Also, the slowest growth in GDP occurred after 97' as well, I bet you credit Repubs for that as well.

3. Again, this comes from the idiot who didn't knew what the 97 Tax Cut policy contained and wanted me to double count it. No wonder people like you follow get easily conned by the Unskewed polls morons, everything is biased against your ideology. CBO is wrong, polls are wrong except when it suits your narrative!

Funny thing is that the economy started easing into a recession a year after these Repub policies, I am sure you are not going to credit Repubs for that or for the horrible job they did in 2000 onwards. Pick and choose, unskew reality - only thing you morons know how to do.

#33     Nov 18, 2012
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Look at a stock chart from after the 1994 election. The House went tp the Republicans after 40 years. The contract with America provided the confidence to business that the debt and spending was going to be dealt with, and the place it starts is the House.

#34     Nov 18, 2012
  5. No, their reality remains quite skewed, amazingly so. This is cognitive dissonance unlike anylike anything I am seen outside of a medical facility.

#35     Nov 18, 2012
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

If stock charts are the criteria then Obama is a giant economic success as well then. Also, Repub policies did nothing to curb debt and spending - their revenue and spending policies created a wash when it comes to the national debt.

Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993- cut spending by 0.6% of GDP, raised revenue by 0.6% of GDP

Clinton impact - 1.2% of GDP

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act (1996)- cut spending by 0.1% of GDP

Balanced Budget Act of 1997- cut spending by 0.2% of GDP

Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997- reduced revenue by 0.2% of GDP

Repub impact - 0.1% of GDP

Also, I am talking about the policy impact on the economy while Mav88 wants me to ignore those and actually double count policy to suit whatever nonsense he is peddling.

#36     Nov 18, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

This thread is about the democraps wanting another failed stimulus bill. Try to stay on topic, as your buddy IQ-47 would say.

#37     Nov 18, 2012
  8. exGOPer

exGOPer

Given your history of strong accurate predictions and thorough analysis of data, I suggest you leave the math related topics to the adults.

#38     Nov 18, 2012
  9. Mav88

Mav88

1. Read some history about the 1995 budget showdown that forced clinton say in 1996 "the era of big government is over"

2. wow, just wow

Here is our exchange:
    The data: Average GDP growth rate 93-94 = 3.5%
    Average GDP growth rate 97-2000 4.45%

that's right dumbass, keep arguing against the data

you cannot do such a thing shithead, there is no such thing as a single complete, ab inito, and flawless model

the economy was 'easing into a recession' in 1998??? You are seriously stupid. GDP growth rate 1998-1999: 4.6%

#39     Nov 18, 2012
  10. Fair enuf.

The stimulus failed so badly that Obama won re-election, the dems gained in the Senate, and are threatening the house in 2014.:D

#40     Nov 18, 2012