Demo Request-Try one of our Trading Platforms

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Robert Morse, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Whether you primarily trade equities, options, or futures, Lightspeed offers a platform that suits your style. Visit our website to learn more about our platforms’ capabilities. Please say you heard about us from Elite Trader. Feel free to contact me at any time with questions regarding our trading platforms, our flexible commission plans or about Lightspeed in general. We look forward to earning your business.

https://www.lightspeed.com/demo-request/

upload_2020-6-28_20-23-55.png

ps0013, FSU and fan27 like this.
  2. Hi Bob, are the order type and route combinations accepted in demo mode true to what can be sent in real life? For example, if I wanted send XYZ order type to venue ABC, is there a possibility that it will submit in demo but later get rejected in a live account? Additionally, is the full scope of order types and venue combinations exposed in demo?

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

In the demo, you can route to SMART routes and DARK pools pre and post-market that will be rejected in live trading. And, not all routes and order types are enabled in demo. The purpose of the demo is to learn and get accustomed to the functionality of the software, not simulate trading or be a paper trading environment. You can set up your charts, hotkeys, hot buttons etc. You can set preferences, colors, and save layouts. You can enter and modify orders. For automated traders, we can enable the API to test your code.

4. actively

actively

Will look into it.

5. ffs1001

ffs1001

@Robert Morse , a couple of direct question pls if I may :

1) do you take on clients who reside in the UK?
    If 'yes', then.....
    2) how do your comms compare with IB? I have been with them for 10 years and love the TWS platform, but last month I paid $4,700 in comms. I don't enjoy paying IB roughly $50K a year in comms and fees. I do options only nowdays, and trade mostly calendars, therefore I have a large number of contracts (around 5,000 in May) and this is what causes the big comms.

Regards

6. destriero

destriero

Bob, can you quote ffs on his one lots? 30 contracts/year rate for options.

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

#1. Yes, on a case by case basis.
    #2. Our option rates are on our website. https://www.lightspeed.com/pricing/commission/
    The big difference in our option rates are that we offer both an option smart route and on some software the ability to target an exchange. Our Option SMART route avoids the options exchange maker/taker fees on all but cash-settled indexes for priority customers. And, our commissions include the OCC fee of $0.055/option. Also, we do not make you earn your tier each month. In general, once you hit a higher a tier with lower commissions, you stay there forward. E.G. Volume over 2000 options is $0.45/option + reg fees and if they apply, option exchange fees.
    Give me a call one morning.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020