demo and live difference

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NeilKruger, Oct 6, 2020.

1. volpri

volpri

Mostly emotions but also price differences in execution. After your first trade or two live you will know......

#21     Oct 27, 2020
  2. deaddog

deaddog

Are you Trading the same account size that you plan on going live with?

Are you profitable on Demo?

The main difference is that when you lose in demo it's your money and you can't reset.

#22     Oct 27, 2020
  3. Pegrinn

Pegrinn

For me, the main difference between demo accounts with a real account is the psychological factor, but it helps to get to know the broker's platform well and try your strategy

#23     Nov 10, 2020
  4. kroxobor

kroxobor

Yeah it's the biggest difference unless you're scalper or momentum trader and see HUGE difference in execution.

#24     Nov 17, 2020
  5. Oghmaron

Oghmaron

Indeed, there is a difference, it must be taken into account and ignored in the demo - an account is by no means necessary.

#25     Nov 18, 2020
  6. Jenzien

Jenzien

I've noticed that many people don't take demo stats seriously, why ? Assuming that you have an automated strategy there shouldn't be any difference.

#26     Nov 19, 2020
  7. Burigelv

Burigelv

At first glance, we can say that there seems to be no particular difference, but it really exists, because the fact that you earn real money on a real account and suffer material losses means a lot.

#27     Dec 3, 2020
  8. Oghmaron

Oghmaron

Why give up the opportunity to practice and learn even more using a demo account

#28     Dec 16, 2020
  9. Based on my experience, I can say that even the most profitable strategies fail when you go live.

#29     Mar 3, 2021
  10. deaddog

deaddog

Why is that? What was different?
    How can it be a profitable strategy if it fails when you go live?

#30     Mar 3, 2021