Dem thinks AZ isn't a border state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jem

jem

Thinking liberals have somehow shown to have superior intelligence seems absurd. How could anyone prove that without distributing IQ tests?

Are we talking about the average liberal vs the average conservative? Whats the average? Are we talking academics vs CEOs. Newt vs Clinton Romney vs Kocinic. pelosi vs palin? What if we compared the average public school kid to the average private school kid.

When I took my IQ test they did not ask for my political philosophy. How would anyone be able to prove such a claim.

I seriously doubt any test could make the claim that liberals are more intelligent.

But, I am willing to look at your data.

#11     Jun 29, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

It certainly does, especially reading posts of ET's liberals.

#12     Jun 29, 2010
  3. [​IMG]

Science has a liberal bias.

#13     Jun 29, 2010
  4. by the way, I grew up right outside Milwaukee...

which might explain my passionate defense... (true story)

#14     Jun 29, 2010

5. nay, you just want to rule the stupid .....

(horrible fucking people these liberals ...)

#15     Jun 29, 2010
  6. The relevant question about intelligence is:

Why do intelligent liberals gravitate towards feeling an obligation to control other people's lives whereas intelligent conservatives gravitate towards adroitly advocating individual freedoms?

#16     Jun 29, 2010
  7. jem

jem

science has also been shown to have an agenda... why?

Guess who pays the grants. If you got paid by govt would you want a bigger or smaller govt.

#17     Jun 30, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

You can toss out all kinds of variables that could be analyzed and or controlled for, but one can still take a representative sample of the whole population and arrive at an average for that.

#18     Jun 30, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

This is a wash, industry has the same agenda, they're subsidized by government on several levels. But it's made far greater progress 'infiltrating' government than science has. Why? I'd wager a guess and say it's because there are still a lot of scientists out there who want to do science, not amass big wealth and power.

#19     Jun 30, 2010
  10. jem

jem

it may be a wash but it is not more a wash than saying that liberals have been shown to be smarter than posting a bunch of weak data a and a speculative statement.

There are some smart professors and a few smart plaintiffs attorney (most of them did not get good enough grades to work at traditional firms) but the vast majority of smart people I knew from college and grad school are hard working taxpayers who feel like the are getting shit taxed out of them while govt wastes the money.

Finally only 20% of the country identifies themselves as liberals.
    If you take out all the fringe wackos commies and and freeloaders, that does not leave you room for a whole lot of smart people.

#20     Jun 30, 2010