Dem Robert Rubin - "We must raise taxes"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DeepFried, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ANybody have an opinion on this?

Iraq war - too expensive AND the occupation is an utter fiasco.

So instead of increasing taxes.....

Can the deficit be reduced not by eliminating departments, but by not increasing budgets, or even SLOWLY reducing funds to them?

You know, MAKE the bureacrats be more efficient, make THEM decide where to make the cuts. Give them no choice in the matter.

#51     Nov 13, 2006
  2. The rich never pay taxes. There are so many loop holes in the tax code, that they keep on driving their hummers through. Warren Buffet, hasn't paid a dime in 5 years.

The only ones bearing the tax burden is the middle class. The same middle class who kicked the neocons out onto the curb. No wonder neo-cons hate the middle class. :D

#52     Nov 13, 2006
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Dim bulb that you are, you continue to amaze me with the depth of your ignorance.

Fact is the top 10% of wage earners pay 68.19% of total income tax collected.

The bottom 50% of wage earners pay 3.3% of all income tax.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/250.html

#53     Nov 13, 2006
  4. Bullshit.

#54     Nov 13, 2006
  5. I have a message for the younger gentle pro-tax cut readers -

:D

Thanks, jackasses. May I have another?

Having a tough go of it? Didn't get your tax cut? Well, you're just getting going - here's a loan - you can live off that. Everyone's approved - especially at your ages.

I'll be back too -- so you can empty my bedpan - - or pay for that too.

Thanks again.

:D

#55     Nov 13, 2006
  6. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

you're refering to "Starving the Beast" ... (Don't wiki this phrase, they do a hachet job on Ronnie Reagan)

Don't work, they just pay on credit.

Don't worry though, Hillary is going to reintroduce National Health care, All our budgetary problems will disappear once the Federal government increases it's liabilities by a few hundred more trillion

... lord, what did we do last week?!

#56     Nov 13, 2006
  7. Universal health care saves money, actually it saves a huge amount of money. All developed countries where it's implemented pay half of what we pay on per capita basis and as a percentage of the GDP, they are all covered and get better service than we do.

#57     Nov 13, 2006
  8. yeah... but you can't explain logic you oxycontin limpbaugh listeners... they thrive on the BS puked by limpbaugh that they lick up every day.

#58     Nov 13, 2006
  9. jem

jem

hey I am willing to listen. We pay a ton and have huge deductible. I have three kids and my wife is still child bearing age and has to get and expensive blood thinner if she gets pregnant to save the child for getting choked off.

We paid over five grand out of pocket for our last kid on top of the coverage we had. (at least thats what my wife told me, we probably paid more.)

I personally thought it was fair. But if you want to group me in with everyone else go for it.

Give me a cite that shows that other countries pay half and get better care. Please dont cite me to that study that said we were in the twenties in terms of health care, when the rating critera was based on infant mortality.

We already discussed that study. If you remember we attempt to save babies that other countries don't count as live births.

#59     Nov 13, 2006
  10. _____________________________________________

That is pure BS period!

I have lived in those countries do business there on a daily basis and what you say is PURE CRAP.

They all envy our system and the treatments it offers instead of waiting years for simple procedures and then getting 10 or 20 year old treatments. Doctors discouraged and leaving the profession at staggering rates. People can't get a doctor or into a hospital.

How about having your nose sewed back on without hot water or
    anesthetic.

dddooo you are pathetic.

#60     Nov 13, 2006