Dem Congresswoman: “Don’t confuse me with any facts.”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 12, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

As part of a discussion with voters about Obamacare funding, Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.) told one man, “Don’t confuse me with any facts.”

“This is part of the problem,” Brown told an audience member who had asked about the billions of dollars cut from Medicare under the Affordable Health Care Act.

“In this time period it’s just like -- don’t confuse me with any facts. I was at a town hall meeting with AARP, and they talked about the pros and cons and explained everything. So I would suggest that you go and read what they have to say about it, because what you’re saying is not true.”

“What do you mean it’s not true?” the audience member at the September event at Jacksonville University can be heard saying.

“Let me finish explaining,” Brown continued, “Okay, look what you’re talking about, we didn’t take money from Medicaid to put…”

“Medicare,” the audience member interrupts.

“Medicare or Medicaid to put into the Affordable Health Care, that’s the first thing,” Brown said.

Last July, the Congressional Budget Office reported that the Affordable Care Act would cut Medicare by more than $700 billion in the coming decade by reducing reimbursement rates to those who provide services to Medicare patients.

The AARP was publicly supportive of the Affordable Care Act, but its motives were questioned by several lawmakers.

Last September, then-Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) wrote that Obamacare "could yield the group windfall profits of more than $1 billion over the next decade by forcing seniors off Medicare Advantage plans and into Medigap supplemental coverage," which AARP sells.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-corrine-brown-don-t-confuse-me-any-facts

2. It's a done deal, sir. Get over it.:)

3. pspr

pspr

Boy, why don't you wait and see what SCOTUS does in June before you start peeing your pants with joy.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You are obviously more interested in "winning" than you are of having affordable healthcare for everyone.

Reminds me of a Chris Rock skit about OJ. "Black people in the streets shouting 'we won! we won!' What the fuck did we win? Every day I look in the mailbox for my OJ prize - nothing."

5. Mercor

Mercor

Meanwhile, O. J. sits in a Nevada prison doing 20 years.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

RCG wannabe Trader or AK47?

7. Max E.

Max E.

T#his article perfectly sms up how obama is able to manipulate sheep like rcg into thinking they are winning.

Obama’s Perpetual Campaign Mobilizes Dems Around Last Source Of Cohesion: Not Being Republican

The economic recovery continues to flounder. Unemployment ticks up to one tenth of a point higher than when the president took office in 2009. Guantanamo Bay remains open for business. A hard won health care reform law may require its own set of reforms before it can be fully implemented. Corporate loopholes in the tax code remain persistently available to the nation’s CEOs who, by the way, have little to fear from their government curbing their benefits or bonuses. While the war in Iraq was wound down according to an agreed to timetable, the president has committed American military support to more rather than fewer global battlegrounds. The state of the Union may be strong, but President Barack Obama does not have much in the way of progressive victories to showcase for his base on Tuesday night.

Enter Obama’s campaign machinery as they ramp up efforts to open new fronts in an endless political civil war. If he chose, Obama could make it clear — in actions as well as words — that a permanent campaign is detrimental to national comity. Unfortunately, neither the president nor his party have many other options left to maintain popular support. After failing to deliver on so many promises made to the American people in 2008 – promises coveted by the president’s Democratic base – what other organizing principle do Obama’s supporters have left than simply not being Republicans?
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/obamas-p...last-source-of-cohesion-not-being-republican/

8. pspr

pspr

Obama's legacy has been built on a pile of lies. Like a house of cards, as soon as the machinery to hold it up is removed, it will all come collapsing down. History will not be kind to the appointed King.