Dem Congressman: Regulations Create Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 10, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Whooooaaa. No wonder the Democrats have brought us to the brink of disaster. Throw these idiots out of office.

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) tells MSNBC regulations create jobs because a business will have to hire people to help them comply with the new requirement.

"I think the answer is no," Ellison said when asked if he believes regulations kill jobs. "And here is why: When we talked about increasing fuel efficiency standards, the industry responded, and they need engineers and designers and manufacturers, and they need actually more people to help respond to the new requirement."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...an_keith_ellison_regulations_create_jobs.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Anyone know what that buffoon is smoking? Sounds like it's some good shit.

3. I'm even more convinced with the arguments that there is definitely something in the water supply that has created a nation of imbeciles.

Isn't his argument about as worthless as the "make work" bullshit of digging ditches and hiring new labor to fill in the ditches. Let's create more onerous regulation that is anti-competitive to job growth in the USA so that we can saddle a business with more dead weight "compliance" personnel to make certain we haven't violated one of the million different and arcane laws with negligible value.

4. Ricter

Ricter

If most of society's needs are being met by robot and Chinese labor, such that a large part of your populace is unnecessary in a strict sense, then the kind of make work you describe would be a good idea. Idle hands...

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO genius it is NOT.

6. JamesL

JamesL

What Ellison says has merit. Remember, it's like extending unemployment because you have to have people print the checks that you get, or something foolish like that. (BTW, Nancy, where are those 400k jobs that will be created IMMEDIATELY once you pass Obamacare?)

7. Ricter

Ricter

Why did you cut "idle hands" out of my reply?

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

To emphasize only the part of your silly statement I was addressing.

9. Ricter

Ricter

I see you've calmed down now, no shouting typeface. That's good.

10. dcvtss

dcvtss

broken window fallacy

#10     Oct 11, 2011