Dem Attacks On Ryan Plan: "Lie Of The Year"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 20, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

The claim that House Republicans' budget would end Medicare is the "lie of the year," according to the fact-checking website Politifact.

According to Politifact's analysis, saying the Ryan plan "ends Medicare" overlooks the fact that its changes would not affect people 55 and older. Politifact also said Medicare would remain in existence, but in a different form — which Ryan's critics say is the same thing as ending Medicare....

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatc...-ryan-medicare-proposal-named-lie-of-the-year

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Democrat - lie

They are synonymous with each other.

3. Ricter

Ricter

False "fairness" on their part. If you fill a volleyball with concrete and press it into a square mold for setting, the resulting object is no longer a volleyball.

4. Max E.

Max E.

lol, thats some serious spin, you should have taken a job in politics.

By that logic you could make the claim that someone is killing medicare any time they make the slightest adjustment to it, this argument is now a moot point because Obama already killed medicare when he took some money out of it to fund obamacare. :D

5. Ricter

Ricter

At this point my job is nearly all political. No, your "slightest adjustment" argument does not fly, because I did not indicate a "slight" adjustment in my analogy. Significant changes do in fact make the entity under consideration into something else. Are Ryan's proposed changes sufficient to say that Medicare (for those under 55) is something significantly different? Yes, the proposed degree of privatization alone is enough to satisfy that

6. pspr

pspr

And, if we fill Ricter's head with cement, is it still Ricter? I say YES! We've just improved his thought process. :D

7. Ricter

Ricter

Coward.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

C'mon Ricter you gotta admit that's funny.

9. Ricter

Ricter

It's a good insult, but he's a coward.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Coward? Did you invite him to Calgary for a face to face and he refused?

#10     Dec 20, 2011