delta depreciation

Discussion in 'Options' started by saminny, Jun 19, 2010.

1. If you find something not relevant in my post, please feel free to remove it.

I would also like to add that I find your thread interesting, and contains useful material. I hope to learn from the post of others including your posts. Good thread you have started!

#51     Jun 24, 2010
  2. MTE

MTE

You never even had the knowledge so nothing was erased.

#52     Jun 25, 2010
  3. spindr0

spindr0

If I asked you for the stock price, strike price, premium, time remaining until expiration, volatility and carry cost and told you that I could tell you the implied volatility, would you be impressed? Of course not because you understand what the BS formula is and how it is used to derive that.

LOL. This is nothing unique nor is it intellectual property. It's simply the iteration of two inputs, volatility and time which yield an already known answer (delta).

#53     Jun 25, 2010
  4. I do agree. Knowledge has to be shared. That's why I posted the derivation. There is no secret here and I wonder why Tradingjournals wanted to make it a mystery.
    The second point is that it's useless. As far as you put some rates in it, as in real life, things start to get really fuzzy.

#54     Jun 25, 2010
  5. No, you can't.

#55     Jun 25, 2010
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Exclusion of rates is a time dependent fudge factor :)

#56     Jun 25, 2010
  7. Except that TJ is delusional, and armed with half truths. He claimed to be able to give the option value without knowing the time to expiration--not possible.

Reverse crunching BSM formulas is part of what most models do. It is far from unique, or patentable.

#57     Jun 25, 2010
  8. The expression "I find it useless" and "It is useless" have two different meanings unless the last expression is proved to be true independent of the person making the statement.

I would be interested to read a proof/argument if it is NOT meant "I find it useless".

#58     Jun 25, 2010
  9. Thank you, I am flattered! :)

#59     Jun 25, 2010
  10. Could you share with us some of your exploits in reverse crunching of BSM formulas? Thanks.

#60     Jun 25, 2010