Delphi bankrupted !!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bier, Oct 8, 2005.

1. DNT is the debt lescor, it has been delisted

#31     Oct 9, 2005
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think its a great time to buy their bonds. The 2 year has a crazy yield and I dont think GM is going to go under. Ford yes, GM no. I have a client who has handled a lot of the big Detroit bankruptcy filings, most recently Federal Mogul and I was asking him about it alot this weekend. He does not think GM is anywhere close to having to file.

Brandon

#32     Oct 10, 2005
  3. Thanx for the helpful investment idea!

I'll pass on the GM long bonds, but 2 yr maturity debt does look great at 8% yield! I'm not sure where I can look up the yields on various 3rd world debt paper (Can someone provide a link?), but I'm pretty sure that even Russia & Argentina long bonds yield less than that.

Third world debt fund yielding only 4.18%

#33     Oct 10, 2005
  4. DVB

DVB

GM's future is bleak. Kirk Kerkorian will push for a GMAC spin off, and then let the manufacturing part of the business to go to bankruptcy. This is the only way for GM to finish UAW by the way, and I sincerely hope this scenario plays out for the sake of the future of this country.

Delphi's UAW workers a looking at 50-65% pay cut in the months to come. The cost of labor is finally getting to the market levels.

DVB

#34     Oct 12, 2005
  5. i wonder if they were short all the way down as well..

#35     Oct 12, 2005
  6. Bought 80,000 DPHAQ at 27.2 cents.

#36     Oct 12, 2005
  7. That's two posts in one day where you claim, well after the fact, to have picked the exact bottom/top, and with size.

Care to tell us in real time in the future?

#37     Oct 12, 2005
  8. reardon, the low in DPHIQ was around 23 cents. I came back to my office and saw it was trading on the BB and that's when i bought it. If I told you in real time, would you buy it? I don't think so, so I assume your complaint is you think I may not be telling the truth.

Well, I sold it between 37.8 and 45.2, so I no longer own it and won't claim I made more than the approx 10,500 I earned.

I don't have time to lie.

Now, since I'm out, it will go to $1.50

#38     Oct 13, 2005
  9. DNT...if Long then good call on it!!
    I just bought some.. Thanks :)

#39     Oct 13, 2005
  10. still ok to short IMHO
    28.1 is the very max for at least 3 weeks

#40     Oct 13, 2005