Dell XPS 13 looks like my next laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cdntrader, Jan 31, 2012.

1. To the question in the opening post:
    "as long as I can find a way to connect to a monitor I'm gold"

Looks like you have 2 choices:

#1) Use the mini Displayport. Get a mini-Displayport to VGA (or DVI or HDMI) adapter to connect to your external monitor.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w.,cf.osb&fp=df6207debe0a12f3&biw=918&bih=711

#2) Buy a USB-to-VGA (or USB-to-DVI) display adapter to drive the external monitor.

#11     Feb 2, 2012
  2. The timing of this one seems curious - Intel is releasing a fairly meaningful chipset bump within 1-2 months of the global release.

#12     Feb 2, 2012
  3. Dell is a strange co.

#13     Feb 2, 2012
  4. koolaid

koolaid

LOL are you kidding? The bezel on the MBA alone is fugly. It's like 2 inches think or something. BEZEL ALERT!!!! BEZEL ALERT!!!!!
    BSOD? Are we still living in 1999? Those rarely exist anymore. Besides OSX is far from spectacular. Just trying to balance out what is obviously an Apple fanboy's attempt at humor. I rarely feel inclined to comment but I hate when people make blatant/ignorant assumptions.

#14     Feb 25, 2012
  5. 13.3" screen?

does it come with an oversize magnifying glass to be able to see it without straining your eyes?

I would never trade on any laptop with anything smaller than a 17" screen.

#15     Feb 25, 2012
  6. Daal

Daal

Does it detach from the keyboard and becomes a tablet?

#16     Feb 25, 2012
  7. I usually have my laptop connected to a 24" screen. But its handy to go mobile with the laptop when I need to. Might have to hold off for Ivy Bridge to get the battery life though.

#17     Feb 25, 2012
  8. I have been using my my 14' inch ThinkPad notebook for automated trading for one year and I am happy with it. For display and back testing I hook up to a 24'inch ASUS monitor.

#18     Mar 9, 2012