Dell Vostro's for Trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by listedguru, Apr 28, 2008.

1. I have three on a a dell vostro 400. Works great no problems.

#61     Jun 14, 2008
  2. I understand what you are saying about your time and all that crap but i don't think you completely read my post.
    I was trying to explain to you that the way pc open architecture works is the same for both computers. you cannot really say that no pci cards will work in the vostro unless you are saying the pci bus in the design is defective which i will not believe unless everyone is having problems with all sorts of pci cards(sound, serial,vga etc) and that is not likely. the motherboard doesn't actually care what type of pci card it is as long as it can communicate with the motherboard and do its thing.

look you tried with a xx brand geforce 6200 and then got the same exact card as a replacement instead of trying another one even though the first one worked fine on another computer.

it could have been that the card you got, the manufactuere did not use a reference design( by refernce design i mean a design by nvidia) of the geforce card so it did not properly interface with the motherboard correctly or the motherboard didn't reconize it. THIS WILL HAPPEN with any open architecture computer. even your precious T3400.
    look maybe your jaded because you actually did spend alot of your precious super expensive time on it but i will just do what someone has already done and was successful with. because of both of your experieces maybe i and a few other people will have an easier time.
    anyways i am done trying to explain this.
    I like my dell and i have no problems you like yours....whatever.

#62     Jun 14, 2008