Dell sux...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by riskarb, Dec 31, 2003.

1. i'mlong

i'mlong

Dell's customer service is absolutely the worst but they always get me to go back because of their prices...

#11     Dec 31, 2003
  2. MRWSM

MRWSM

I avoid calling Dell to ask questions because everytime I do (No offense to India) I get people from India that know less than I do about computers.

For this reason I will not order anything on the phone through Dell.

I order through Dell online and have been satisfied. Just ordered a Dell Laptop, also a Viewsonic Monitor, Lexmark all in one, and a few Belkin Power centers. Through their online tracking I was able to know exactly where my products were and when they would be delivered. Everything came fast, the Laptop took the longest because I ordered Microsft Worksuite.

#12     Dec 31, 2003
  3. many companies sold out of flat screens faster than they anticipated. In fact, Dell had a couple of flat screen deals recently but then realized they could not fill the rush of orders in the last 2 weeks before christmas. I have yet to receive a 19'' ordered on Dec 14 and it looks like I may have to wait a while longer. I know of other vendors that also ran out. It sucks, but the only other thing to do would be to go elsewhere and perhaps pay a little more. I probably would have had I known. I ordered another screen from isquared.com and well, its out of stock too.
    Just hang in there.

#13     Dec 31, 2003
  4. I hear ya, but it's frustrating when told the stuff will ship same-day, only to find out days later that they're talking out of their ass. I've already gifted my old monitors to my nieces, don't relish the thought of asking for them back! Anyway, trading from the laptop until I can source a damn flat panel.

arb.

#14     Dec 31, 2003
  5. Boomer

Boomer

what did yall pay for the 19's? and how much do you think prices will drop in the next year?

#15     Dec 31, 2003
  6. I had a similar experience when I bought some stuff via Dell's Outlet site . . . My advice to you would be to avoid speaking to anyone over the phone, because Dell's Customer Service is totally useless. The phrase "In Production" is absolutely meaningless.

I agree with an earlier poster.
    Your order will most likely be on your doorstep in 1-2 days.

:)

#16     Dec 31, 2003
  7. $726 out the door, good deal if you can source them. I don't see them on the site anymore, which would be in line with what the latest flunky has told me, that they're fazing-out Planar from their offerings.

Personally, I'll probably bite the bullet and buy an Eizo, slow refresh rates, but the best panel money can buy.

arb.

#17     Dec 31, 2003
  8. my experience with dell was quite positive :)

#18     Jan 1, 2004
  9. As the new resolutions are released (1600x1200) the prices will come down....But demand is high for LCD's so not by much next 12 months.

Michael B.

#19     Jan 1, 2004
  10. selecto

selecto Guest

My son is a ship chandler and buys hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of computer hardware every month for his customers. He no longer does business with Dell, as they do not deliver as promised, and ships don't hang around waiting for stuff.

He has been quite happy, though, using Tiger Direct.

#20     Jan 1, 2004