Dell Production Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wareco, Aug 28, 2007.

1. anyone seen that 21" dell "laptop"? the thing looks like they basically took a desktop and made it portable...

#11     Aug 28, 2007
  2. get the new thinkpad T61P, so much better than DELL.

#12     Aug 28, 2007
  3. JK124

JK124

I recently ordered a Dell Precision 690 workstation w/ 6 Samsung monitors. When i placed the order...the guy gave me a ship date 2 weeks out. After hanging up the phone with him, I realized it was 2 weeks out and called him back immediately telling him to cancel my order that I would be buying it on Ebay instead. He shipped my entire order out the very next day. :p

#13     Sep 1, 2007
  4. GaryN

GaryN

I think Dell topped out and started rolling over when it started selling at Walmart.

#14     Sep 1, 2007
  5. you'll get a good workout every time when you have to lug that thing around.

that thing is hideous.

#15     Sep 1, 2007
  6. i remember a couple of years ago dell started to sell to resellers, instead of selling direct. not sure what happened.

#16     Sep 1, 2007
  7. I stopped buying anything Dell 3 years ago...
    And have my PCs custom built locally.
    I love it... Dell is now out of my life.

New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has also had enough...
    And filed suit for FRAUD against Dell:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6184057.html

May Michael Dell and his buddies burn in hell.

#17     Sep 2, 2007
  8. BCE

BCE

I saw an Acer 21" last week at CompUSA. Thought it was pretty funny but it looked pretty cool too. I do graphic work also so thought it would be good to take on the road but it is huge. Plus I'd never buy an Acer as they make inferior products. Didn't know Dell was making this size.

#18     Sep 2, 2007
  9. BCE

BCE

Good idea. I'll remember that. :) BTW how do you like your unit and the monitors? About how much was the package?

#19     Sep 2, 2007
  10. Update. The shipment has now been delayed 4 times. Latest estimated shipment date is the end of the month.

#20     Sep 13, 2007