Dell Premier Warranty

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AmbushHillbilly, Sep 14, 2005.

1. tomcole

tomcole

I use Dell exclusively and have had good luck. usually though, after 2 years or so, the equipment is outdated and I replace it. The extended super duper warranty isnt a help to me.

#11     Sep 17, 2005
  2. I got a call over the weekend. The premier support is working today, got right in after about 30 secs on hold.

Supposedly my problem was local to my account (something about both standard and premier support being activated - go figure since I ordered right off their web site). But again, I encourage anyone who paid extra for Dell warranty/support to test out the support as soon as you get the computer.

It still looks to me Dell has a 'glitch' that works in their favor to 'apprehend' 7-10 days of premium subscribers' support. Funny how these 'glitches' never work to the consumer's favor.

Good luck to all.

#12     Sep 19, 2005
  3. DELL ---

not bad, but if you shop around there are better systems out there now.

i dont think it would hurt to have more competition in the PC arena these days... before there was too much, but now its only dell.

#13     Sep 19, 2005
  4. Yours is the power supply fan?

Any cure for a loud Dell 3000 processor fan? Mine is extremely loud. It sounds like the box is ready for lift off.

I am thinking of taking the side cover off the box, removing the green air shroud, snip the wires to that 100 decibel fan, then pointing a 10 inch oscillating fan into the box. Without question it would be quieter.

The computer works great but I'm ready to toss the dam thing because of the noise. My 4700 model is whisper quiet.

#14     Sep 19, 2005
  5. volente_00

volente_00

"Any cure for a loud Dell 3000 processor fan? Mine is extremely loud. It sounds like the box is ready for lift off."

Technical support has told me that the replacement fans they put in are much quieter but I have not took the time to get mine swapped.

#17     Oct 8, 2005