Dell Precision T3600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by justrading, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ofthomas

ofthomas

LMAO... that was a good jk... :) I might steal it...

#31     Apr 11, 2013
  2. The other thing I have to take into account is stands. If I get the 3x 27" plan is to use the Dell stands, single level curved arrangement.

4x 24" would warrant a quad stand. The ergotron, which is criticised for no tilt or pan, costs $827 in Thailand. It sells for $283 on Amazon plus $72 shipping, then customs hell locally.

So 4x 24" + stand cost more than 3x 27". Ah, the joys of tropical living.

#32     Apr 11, 2013
  3. NoBias

NoBias

No offence taken. I just agreed with the age/eyesight correlation and thought I would reply with a light hearted humorous reply.

Most of us spend between 8-16 hrs a day in front of our computer screens. Comfort, functionality and quality are primary factor's in screen selection. Eye health is often overlooked.

Age and staring at pixels continuously over the years has caught up with me and adversely affected my vision, it is inevitable.

#33     Apr 11, 2013
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

I spent 24x7 in front of a screen... the way i deal with it is I wear glasses with anti-glare coating and also with a transition coating as well (which darkens the glasses a little bit)... both things help a lot, that is how I've protected my eyes... that and I blink a lot to lubricate them... otherwise, I would be like some of my friends who are wearing glasses now with an actual prescription...

#34     Apr 11, 2013
  5. Instead of mounting the monitors in an expensive stand, how about a 72"x30" table for $50.. then just place them side-by-side in portrait mode?

#35     Apr 11, 2013
  6. Which reminds me my writing table won't hold the new system regardless of monitors.

The only online search that's good locally is for IKEA, found this;

http://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/products/S69886158/#/S29886155

$225, nobody would call it high end, it's basic self-assembled stuff.

#36     Apr 11, 2013
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

order Latitude E6530 i7 with external dock then have your friend bring it over.

#37     Apr 11, 2013
  8. ofthomas

ofthomas

dood... you nuts?! Ikea? yuk... bud, you live in thailand... find a local artisan and have them create a desk off some nice teak...

#38     Apr 11, 2013
  9. Got a nice teak dining table, built-ins, etc etc.

This is work so I keep it utilitarian. Teak would be a waste, I wouldn't even notice it.

#39     Apr 11, 2013
  10. ofthomas

ofthomas

nice...

you get my point, just source it locally (not from the crapIKEA)...

#40     Apr 11, 2013