Dell Precision T3400s For Trading... W7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Scataphagos, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Interests in these machines have mostly come from overseas where computers cost more than in the US. To those traders, these seem like super cheap prices... but then you have to add in shipping, import duty, and other fees.... seems cost-prohibitive.

For an additional $25, I'll configure with 2 video cards to run 4 monitors.

#11     Oct 27, 2012
  2. Update...

Dell Precision T3400s...

(1) Core2Duo, E8300, 2.83Ghz, 4GB RAM, NVS 290 video card.
    (2) Core2Duo, E8500, 3.16Ghz, 4GB RAM, NVS 290 video card.

All come with W7 Ultimate-64bit installed (+ OS reinstall disk), keyboard, mouse.

500GB HDD on the E8300
    2, 80GB HDDs (160GB, total) Velociraptor, Enterprise Edition

$225.00, for the E8300
    $275.00, for the E8500

For an extra $25, I'll configure with 2 video cards for 4-monitor display.

You pay actual shipping charges, I won't be marking that up.

These are perfect for trading.... plenty powerful, quiet, cheap. Could also be good for kids or parents who just want to do email and web surf. Also good for a trader's backup.

Personally, I have a complete extra computer to back up 3 machines. In the event of a failure, I can be back up on that rig in 2-15 minutes. If you don't have adequate backup, you should you know. Could save you a bundle some time.

#12     Nov 25, 2012
  3. JamesL

JamesL

Where are these being shipped from?

#13     Nov 30, 2012
  4. Don't know how this thread got bumped... I didn't do it.

Sure, I want to sell these.. but I don't want to be a nuisance about it.

Had 5, sold 3.

#14     Nov 30, 2012
  5. JamesL...

Got an alert that you had responded to the thread. However, doesn't show up on my browser.. please try again.

#15     Nov 30, 2012
  6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I just want to throw something out there for anyone who may be interested in purchasing one of these used rigs from Scat. I bought the 9300 and am very happy with it. It came packaged professionally and the items were just as described. The tower itself was opened by me upon arrival and was as clean as if it came direct from the factory. Preloaded with Win7 Ultimate AND a full version reinstall disk. The two NVS290's operate my multi monitor display flawlessly and the tower runs so quiet that I find myself periodically checking to see if it is still on. If you plan on using these PC's for trading and some light multitasking, my guess is that you will proably get another ten years out of it. It was tough parting with my trusty Dimension 8400 with XP, but even dinosaurs have got to adapt.

I would highly recommend purchasing one of these workstations which wind up costing slightly more than a decent component upgrade.

#16     Nov 30, 2012
  7. Not necessary, LOL... but thanks for the support. :>)

Can actually handle some fairly heavy-duty multi-tasking with great aplomb.

#17     Nov 30, 2012
  8. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Hey, it they can tell my grandmother that the hoverround will cost her "little or nothing out of pocket", I can say "slightly more".

Kudos Scat.

#18     Nov 30, 2012
  9. Might cost your grandma "nothing".. but it's not free. SOMEBODY... like you and I... pay for it.

#19     Nov 30, 2012
  10. toucan

toucan

where are you shipping these from and will to 2 video cards display 4 monitors at 1920 X 1200?

thanks toucan

#20     Dec 5, 2012