Dell PC... Upgrade From XP Home to XP Pro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Sep 13, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

YW... glad it worked out for you.

#41     Oct 26, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

If you're new to installing Windows XP, I'll include EZ to follow instructions. It's not difficult.

#42     Oct 27, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

bump

#43     Nov 3, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

bump

#44     Nov 10, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

bump

#45     Nov 17, 2007
  6. jebara

jebara Guest

I dont think you will be wanting to use windows xp for another 5 years, new programs will come out for vista, and adoption will increase. Also vista's bugs are getting fixed, it will take time. Also i your computer will be slow eventually with new programs, and technology.

#46     Nov 18, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Oh, I'm quite positive I will want to keep using XP for the next 5 years, even longer if possible, for my trading rig.

I've been using the same charting program for 16 years.

#47     Nov 19, 2007
  8. ammo

ammo

gnome, does the 1 year old apple with mac and ms capability pick up trading programs,,never learned to use mac because i had trouble initially with loading the t4 program

#48     Nov 19, 2007
  9. Isn't there a COA and activation problem with this since anybody else's PC clearly isn't the same PC that the disc was first installed on?

Or does a reinstall Dell OEM disc not in any way need activation?

#49     Nov 19, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

I don't know. Lots of trading programs won't work on Apple PC's. If you want to use a Mac for trading, you should verify compatibility in advance before buying one. (I use MetaStock, and there is no Apple version for it, last I checked.)

#50     Nov 19, 2007