Dell, my last purchase and done with them

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taclander, Mar 31, 2011.

1. His ignore list announcements are crazy funny. I can't tell if it's a gag in his part or if he's serious. It's even funnier if he is serious.

#81     Jul 11, 2011
  2. he is absolutely serious. i can't figure out why his ignore list is not overflown.

#82     Jul 11, 2011
  3. LOL, no soup for you. Except he has nothing of value to hold back from those on his ignore list. He said he has made over $100 million trading but I haven't read any of his trading posts to see what was of value or not. And with his 20+ posts a day I wont take the time to look for them. And his advise on computers, which I read, can be summed up with - buy Dell precision from the delloutlet site.

#83     Jul 11, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I had a Compaq laptop years ago - never again
    I had an HP laptop years ago - never again
    I had a Thinkpad at one point - didn't like the red mouse button in the middle of the key board
    I've had an Inspiron E1505 for over 5 years, other than a few minor teething issues at first, which they help correct, I haven't had any real trouble. (I did have to put up with foreign customer support though.) This machine is used a lot, as well as being toted all over the country.

I'm NOT promoting Dell as I have zero brand loyalty.

#84     Jul 11, 2011
  5. I've had my fair share of boxes over the years but only my 11 yr old Dell is still running today. I'm not plugging Dell just saying.

#85     Jul 11, 2011

6. I'm with Shopster,

I run with Digital tigers too. The experts in multiple monitor rigs.
    You pay a little more but you get no hassles.
    Works right the first time out of the box.
    Tech support second to none.
    I Would never go back to the mega box makers.

I have no financial interest in Digital Tigers. I am just a satisfied customer.

#86     Jul 11, 2011
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Dell tech support is impressive.
    They phoned a couple days ago to follow-up on a call I had made for help 3-4 days prior. I let the voice-mail catch it. They wanted to check up on how things were going and provided me a name and phone number with direct extension for a specific contact. This is for a refurb bought at bargain basement price through the 'commoners' pipeline. lol
    What's not to like.

#87     Jul 14, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

At those prices, I hope they installed everything at your home/office. Wow!

#88     Jul 14, 2011