DELL Laptop Battery Recall

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Surdo, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Surdo

Surdo

2. Tums

Tums

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tums

Tums

there is also a video on youtube.

4. With all these problems with Dell, I am thinking the earnings tomorrow will not be good. I am thinking of shorting them in the morning...

5. romik

romik

did you look at the chart?

6. romik

romik

I mean, don't you think that any negative might be priced in already? Look at the weekly chart. I think, if you want to go short on the day of the earnings, there is a good possibility here for you to get squeezed in no time IMO. Also, in my journal, I have DELL as a long based on a bullish divergence pattern, what do you base you decision on? Gut feeling?

7. Look at the after market trading.. I was right :) I'm getting better at this shorting thing. It will go into the teens, then we'll buy it back up again. Rollins needs to step down. Dell needs to come back. That will give a lift to the stock. If he can keep it up, who knows. He did buy 70 mil of his own stock around $24.00 at the end of May. I sure he's concerned about the stock price.

8. romik

romik

Dell has already been below 20 barrier, so it's not a big deal if it dips once again to face another support at lower previous low level. The point I was trying to make is having enough reason to either go long or short and seemed to me that you did not have a reason for going short apart from lower earnings, which I must stipulate a lot of people have been aware of as a big possibility of happening. So, of course, I can not guarantee what is to happen today, though I do have sufficient enough reason to be long on DELL.