DELL is desperate?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, May 24, 2007.

1. I forget if Amazon was behind this, but a few years ago there was talk about "just in time" bookstores, where books (especially low demand or out of print books) are kept on hard disks or downloaded on demand, and you come in, order the book, and 10 minutes later you get a freshly-printed copy of the book.

#21     May 27, 2007
  2. Dell has been having hardware problems lately, so until they fix those and improve customer service, it'll be an uphill battle no matter what.

HP has been eating Dell's market share. My next PC may be an HP....

#22     May 27, 2007
  3. Personally, I've never been fond of Dell for various reasons.

Poor cabling, imbedded affiliate software and inferior customer service, just to name a few.

Wal-mart exposure will help Dell and Wal-mart both.

I've been looking for the WMT trigger; perhaps this is the precursor.

I think at this late stage of the game only the stocks that haven’t moved in four years have that capability to push the market higher and get the public in at the top. ‘Large Caps’ is the buzzword of the day and the Dow Jones can’t get to 14,400
    (the August 1987 percent gain) unless GE, WMT, and C kick in pretty soon. GE is potentially breaking out and the way Wall Street works, the higher this one goes the more they’ll recommend it.

Wal-Mart, while a political liability, is the biggest of the big and no economic rosy outlook will get traction if this stock can’t get out of its own way. It is making nice higher bottoms on the long-term chart so if it holds one more time then the next rally would start a major advance. Above $46 it has bullish potential and above $50, it’s off to the races.

#23     May 28, 2007
  4. razor99

razor99

wal mart will squeeze them on price..the ultimate winner is the consumer,not dell or wal mart.

#24     May 28, 2007
  5. i left dell computers for hp 3 years ago........simple answer.....dell needs to realize just how bad their customer service has been and why people like me will never buy a dell computer WHATEVER THE PRICE.............too little too late for dell............the company is toast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25     May 28, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Dell is too desperate its sad. Now selling computers at walmart means that the old model that they brought about more than 10 years ago is no longer working for them.

#26     May 28, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Speaking of customer service, Dell was built on customer service, when you heard of dell you thought quality. Customer service is key to keeping the business strong, yet in the last 5 years Dell has done everything to cut back on costs and one of those cost cutting measures was taking away what they did best. Try and call today and see how far you get with customer service before you just give up. 90% of the time you cannot even understand what they are talking about.

#27     May 28, 2007
  8. yes.........dell has destoyed itself by proving that bad customer service can eventually destroy any business..........

#28     May 28, 2007
  9. Bet Kevin Rollins got a nice fat paycheck for f--king up the company too.

But then, Michael Dell did choose him after all...

#29     May 28, 2007
  10. Over the years I've had many brands (I'm very HP loyal these days) but never bought a Dell.

Bad word of mouth keeps me far away.......

#30     May 28, 2007