Dell Inspiron 5100 Notebook For Sale... GREAT shape

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Jan 1, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Got wifey a new one for Xmas.

This one is better than most:

1. P4, 2.4Ghz, 512MB RAM, 15" XGA, ATI 7500 dedicated graphics, modem, CDRW-DVD.

2. Originally came with 30G, Toshiba HD. It was 4200 RPM, PIO Mode. (Can't believe Dell put that crap on a mid-level machine...) I just installed a new Seagate 60G Momentus, 5400 RPM, running in DMA5 mode... 5 year warranty. (Cost, $95)

3. Originally came with WinXP Home (support stated to end in 2009). I just did a fresh install of WinXP Pro + all critical updates, so it will be supported until at least 2014. (XP Pro upgrade alone is $99-$149)

Has not traveled much, so not banged around a lot. It's been wife's email, web surfer and game player. Excellent condition!

All discs, drivers, and manual included.

I suspect it will bring $300-$350 + shipping on eBay, so if you're interested for let's say, $325 + shipping, PM me.

2. Hey gnomey...would you take 200 bucks and my old Windows 98 compaq notebook? (presario 1236 with RAM maxed) I'll buy the pizza, if I can find a place open tonight?

3. gnome

gnome

Hey man... I'm tryin' to unload *my* junk... don't want no junkier junk back as part of the deal....

4. ok...I'll keep the cash...deal? I just ordered pizza...better hurry

5. gnome

gnome

Papa Johns has had BOGO on all of their pizza (except the Superman deal). Coupon code PHILLY or BOGO... supposed to have expired yesterday, but some say it's still working... FWIW

6. I have the Entertainment book....Buy one get one free...hehe the driver never asks for the coupon...I have already used it several times :)

I was thinking about tearing out some coupons though...and selling them on ebay :)

7. gnome

gnome

That's right up there with the Colorado woman trying to sell snow from our blizzard on eBay....

8. Are they dressed?

9. gnomey,

I can't believe your wifey let you hack the hardware inside her notebook....:)

Has not traveled much, so not banged around a lot. It's been wife's email, web surfer and game player. Excellent condition!

10. gnome

gnome

Are you kidding? Keeping her computer in tip-top shape is one of my primary duties... along with taking out the trash, doing the dishes, picking up the dog poo...

#10     Jan 2, 2007