Dell Earnings OUT!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Inadvertent my ass! Michael Dell is a shrewd if somewhat unethical as far as his trading practices are concerned.

#11     Nov 13, 2003
  2. Yeah and my foot is going to go "inadvertently" up his ass too.
    :mad:

#12     Nov 13, 2003
  3. pspr

pspr

Maybe the SEC won't find fault with a surprise earnings release that was obviously going to move the market but you can bet my next computer WON'T be a Dell.

Just say, "NO, Dude."

#13     Nov 13, 2003
  4. I got caught out as well, it was my biggest loss of the day... Thanks Michael.

:mad:

#14     Nov 13, 2003

5. How did the early release impact your trading...?

And what if it had affected it positively..... would traders be complaining, here???

Just asking!

Regards,

ICe
    :cool:

#15     Nov 13, 2003
  6. VOLUME

VOLUME

I got smoked in that announcement.

However, I would gladly take any surprise announcement like today's Dell earnings. You can really make a killing off of stuff like that. Beats the hell out of the chop that's been going on.

We'll get 'em on the next one.:)

#16     Nov 13, 2003
  7. that "inadvertent" announcement and subsequent pop sure helped sellers of tech get some pretty nice prices!

I'm sure they will make it up to Michael!

#17     Nov 13, 2003
  8. spieler

spieler

i went long NQ on the fisrt spike following the noise in the pit ( squawk box) and took 4 points .
    then nq down then up then down could not understand what was happening.
    I saw yhe news on dell ( accidentaly release the earnings) and then trade the NQ which was laggering dell.
    WAs an easy and a nice play. Same in after market.
    michael dell still on summer hours??;)
    Hey dude you bought a nice new watch?

#18     Nov 13, 2003
  9. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I was short scalping SPY & did not understand the crossed bid & ask(more than $0.20). But fast enought to take profit. It was God send.

A few months ago one big stock report early too, I forgot which one.

#19     Nov 13, 2003

10. You're good man. Made money on the dell bedlam when no one could figure out what was happening and also top ticked that scam AGIS.

The stuff of legends.

#20     Nov 13, 2003