Dell alienware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blueraincap, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Does anyone have experience using dell alienware models for trading? Since it is designed for gaming , i guess it will be as fine for trading?
    I wonder if its nvidia card can support three monitors.

Pls advise if you are aware of other similar compact models that are good for trading

2. Nichevo

Nichevo

Yes you can, I have the m18x R 1.0.

R 1.0 can support the 18.3" and 2 external monitors. However, one (1) monitor must have a HDMI input, and the other one (1) must have a mini-Display Port.

I have the NVIDIA video cards, but I believe the current models offer AMD cards as well.

Nichevo

3. 1245

When you check video cards, don't just look at how many you can connect. I would pay extra for 1920 X 1200 but 1920 X 1080 is acceptable. Less than that and you lose screen real estate.

4. Any gaming computer will support trading... with overkill.

You can run as many monitors as your mobo will allow. Basically, that's 2 or 4 monitors per PCIEx16 slot...

5. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

IT's for sure can handle gaming no matter what anyway. Do you see any real life examples which prooving the opposite or no ? Me no, so please take some part in that matter. As for the monitors you really can check it out there for many years to come.