Dell 24" LCD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MacroEvent, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Google "Dell Coupon Codes". I just (3:55p.m. est.) found and used one for small business which brought the final total with tax and shipping to $826.11

I'll give the texas company a shot but if there are any dead pixels or i don't like something it's going back.

EDIT: FYI... The ship date for my order entered at 3:50 pm est. today is 10-18-05 which is almost one week. If you ship 2 day or next day they won't be able to process orders fast enough for shipping so it is not worth it although if it is neccessary the $38 may bump your order ahead of others.

#21     Oct 12, 2005
  2. goldnucs

goldnucs

Question; I currently have 3-21" Dell CRT's running at 1600 x 1200 each on Matrox Millenium G-450 and 550 cards. Can I replace these with a 24" Dell 2405FPW running at 1920 x 1200 and still "see" my trading platform as clearly as I had across the three indvidual monitors?

thx,

Rick

#22     Oct 12, 2005
  3. #23     Oct 13, 2005
  4. Assuming you are talking about displaying the same quantity of information with the new LCD as with the old 3 CRT's my answer would be no, definitely not.

#24     Oct 13, 2005
  5. Dell's shipping estimates & process leave something to be desired. For example, last month I ordered a Dell monitor on a Wednesday morning, normal ground shipping (3-5 day delivery). The order confirmation email I received shortly thereafter said it would ship the following Tuesday. On Friday (2 days after I ordered) UPS showed up at my door with the monitor. When I checked the UPS tracking history it had been shipped on Wednesday (the day ordered)

This is not unusual for Dell, in several cases I have received items before I ever got the email indicating that they were shipped.

#25     Oct 13, 2005
  6. gnome

gnome

Who carps when something comes earlier than expected?

Or, are you the one they mean when they say, "you'd bitch if they hung you with a new rope"?

#26     Oct 13, 2005
  7. Actually I wasn't complaining that it was early, just letting Cluseau know that just because Dell says it wont ship till next week doesn't mean that is the case. I do like to know when something is scheduled to arrive though, maybe that's just me.

#27     Oct 13, 2005
  8. From: http://hot-deals.org/

#28     Oct 13, 2005
  9. i tried 5 times to buy this udner the home and small business site and each time it said the coupon was not valid. has this run out?

#29     Oct 13, 2005
  10. gnome

gnome

No worries.... just going for a laugh :D

#30     Oct 13, 2005