Dell 1905FP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by listedguru, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Can you tell me if the Dell 1905FP is similar to the Samsung 912N? The specs look pretty close.

Also how cheap can the 1905FP be had when Dell puts them on sale?

-Guru

2. they got under 250 last summer.

3. I JUST bought 2 of them $499 Cdn.

I'm not thrilled with them so far and may return them.

I love Samsungs and haven't been to happy with any Dell monitor yet.

I'm told they are all made by Samsung so I don't know what's up with them.

4. Chagi

Chagi

As far as I know, there are two variants of the Dell monitor, and they both use Samsung panels. I think one model is rated at ~20ms, the other is rated at ~8ms. Anandtech has a detailed review of the Dell 1905 if you browse through their monitor reviews.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

~8ms is 5 times as sharp as ~20ms but the price is 2x - 3x, as far as drawing charts they look the same unless you also use it to watch other stuffs.

For now, it's better to trust your eyes. "Your average user running standard applications on an LCD monitor is not going to notice a difference between 12ms and 4ms, even assuming those are using the same criteria. Gamers and high-performance users will definitely notice," says ISuppli's Alexander. But "25ms to 30ms is fine for most business applications, unless you're in an application that requires a lot of scrolling." -net

6. taodr

taodr

7. still dont understand why ppl try to shave a few on these... even on multimonitor setups.

first thing is to set a budget. dont go too far or below that budget... thats the key.

8. Chagi

Chagi

My answer to this question would be something along the lines of "how much do you really need to spend on a monitor?" Particularly if you are putting together a multi-monitor set-up.

For example, I have my eye on eventually putting together a multi-monitor set-up for trading, would most likely start with three 19" LCD monitors (two for charting/general purpose, one for the trading execution computer). In Canadian dollars, I could spend between $380 and $600+ on a 19" monitor, depending on brand and panel type. I would be most likely to invest in monitors at the $400 end of the spectrum, but would first double check warranty coverage and local warranty support (i.e. does the local repair shop repair "x" brand of monitor).