delivery statistics for S@P 500 Dow

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by padutrader, Jul 20, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

where do i find these

2. sle

sle

What exactly do you mean by “delivery statistics”?

3. destriero

destriero

He may think that cash indices are futures. Or that index futures deliver shares. Imagine the possibilities!

sle likes this.
  4. Lee-

Lee-

Please clarify what instruments you're interested in and exactly what "delivery statistics" you wish to have as I'm not sure based on your question. You say "S&P 500 Dow", but S&P 500 could refer to the futures (ie ES), futures options (ie ES options), index options (ie SPX), ETFs that track it (ie SPY options), and even less common items such as contract for differences, and Dow could mean any number of indices.

I saw another of your threads recently where you were talking about switching to futures trading. Are you aware of cash settlement vs delivery? SPY (S&P 500 ETF) options are american style settled through delivery of the underlying SPY shares whereas SPX (S&P 500 index) options are european style and cash settled, and ES (S&P 500 futures) options are settled through delivery of the futures contract.

5. padutrader

padutrader

actually i wanted to know for stocks....i forgot futures could also be delivered

6. destriero

destriero

Delivery of what? Stocks? Dude, back away from the computer before you hurt yourself.

comagnum likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

what i mean by delivery is that when someone buys pays full money and holds it in their demat account it is counted as delivery
    this is a key statistic to know which way the stock and market index is going

8. destriero

destriero

You're referring to taking possession of the certificate ostensibly to avoid it being loaned? Short interest would be a more reliable figure. You really don't have a clue what you're f****** talking about.

9. padutrader

padutrader

you do have a rather picturesque way of putting things:you obviously do not know what i am talking about!
    this is screen shot of a page from the website of Bombay Stock exchange India's oldest stock exchange. maybe that will clear it up b.png