Delivery boom is changing everything about restaurant biz

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Apr 25, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Delivery boom is changing everything about restaurant biz
    Growth in the restaurant industry is coming from those who are dining at home. Customers are increasingly ordering food through apps on their smartphones or by calling in. And that demand for deliveries, from sit-down restaurants as well as the more familiar pizza chains and Chinese take-out spots, is dramatically changing the restaurant industry. Besides having to redesign restaurants to take delivery into account, the phenomenon is enticing restaurants to modify menus and pick ingredients that hold up well during travel.(USA Today)

2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Went to Famous Daves last weekend. In addition to 3 "to Go" parking spaces right at the main entrance, directly off to the left of the main entrance they have devoted about 400sqf for to go and delivery pickup. The area was staffed, had various delivery tablet technology neatly visible, was equipped for money transactions, and the area had all the condiments and utensils someone may want, including wet-naps... whats good bbq without wet-naps?!!?

I have a friend who owns a successful food delivery service. I notice these type changes in many places.

dealmaker likes this.
  3. lindq

lindq

It is no wonder, given the often horrible experience of actually dining IN a restaurant these days.

At least bringing it home, the chances are that your plates are fairly clean, your table isn't sticky with accumulated goo, and you don't need to patronize a tat-filled pimply faced teenager just to get some bread delivered to your table.

Restaurants have killed themselves. Most of them deserve to die.

userque likes this.
  4. Without delivery, we would lose a lot of money. Do you know how much food is left at the end of the day? And even if we wouldn't lose money, the clients would get on the table food from the previous day. And if there's no food left in the fridge at the end of the day, there is more money coming. I wouldn't be able to pay back the beautiful commercial cooking equipment that I bought from Ian Boer.

dealmaker likes this.