Deleting Symbols from IB tws Charts?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by oldtime, May 3, 2012.

1. I have a long list of symbols I'm not using on the pulldown IB tws chart window. Anybody know how to delete them? I can add with no problem, but once I add, I don't know how to get rid of them.

2. rwk

rwk

I had that same question, and tech support told me that it is just a list of recently-used symbols and doesn't take any memory. There is no need to delete them.

3. that's cool, but right now I only want 6 symbols on the list, that way I don't have to page up or down on the scroll. Maybe if I only keep using those 6, they will rise to the top.

thanks rwk for the info/reply

4. BSAM

BSAM

Old...

I don't know if this will work, but if you delete your charts, close TWS, then log back in, it might eliminate the unwanted symbols in the drop down when you add a new chart.

Of course, if you have many charts and/or lots of indicators already set, it may not be worth the effort.

5. ok, I'll try that this weekend, no I have no indicators, I just use the default.

6. BSAM

BSAM

Old...If you go ahead and try to eliminate the unwanted symbols in the drop down, please let us know.
    I been wondering about this problem myself.
    Thanks.

7. nah, I suppose I could do it if I reloaded tws, but it takes all weekend to set up my screen again, and then who knows when I would want to change symbols.

It's not that big of a deal. But if I want to switch charts for different contracts quckly it is just one more thing to do to page down and look for the contract I want to see.

It just seems like I should be able to right click on a symbol and there should be and option "Delete chart" or "Delete from list"