Deleting Password for Windows 10 Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DallasCowboysFan, Aug 7, 2020.

1. I want to delete the password for my HP laptop.
    I had a pin on the computer but it was a nuisance and I deleted it.
    When I got rid of the pin, the password box appeared.
    I tried following several videos on youtube to delete passwords but they were not successful.
    I am assuming that the videos I saw were related to old versions of Windows that changed with new updates.
    I tried logging in with my password and then clicking thru the part that says new password as the videos suggested, but it did not work.
    I don't need a password on the laptop because I am the only one with access.
    Any suggestions?

2. Overnight

Overnight

It should be under Window settings ---> sign-in options in some account page. That's normally where the password is set.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Here, try this one.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  4. Yes, I found that but I could not get past the password box.
    It insisted that I add a new password but would not let me click thru them.
    Thanks

5. Bingo !

It was the end of the video that instructed me to use netplwiz and uncheck the box.

Thanks for your help.

userque likes this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

Suppose you had a robbery in your house would the thief have access to your computer?

xandman likes this.
  7. xandman

xandman

What are the odds a guy who won't use a Windows password also has his bank password saved on the browser?

8. userque

userque

Pretty high. No Windows password because ... it's too much work to type it in. Same reason their bank password is likely saved in the browser.

9. I live in a safe neighborhood.
    No one enters or leaves without the stay at home wives knowing about it.
    I do not leave the password on my browser.
    I enter and exit the laptop much more often than checking my bank statements and brokerage accounts.

Thanks

10. zdreg

zdreg

I understand. Your stay at home wives wear ankle monitors. I see you say wives. Do you have a harem?:D

#10     Aug 7, 2020