Delayed quotes on E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ditch, Jun 10, 2002.

1. stevet

stevet

my impression is that esignal is used by people who do not trade, but just play at trading and therefore dont really know if it is good or not

data feeds must be timely and reliable, but unless you are running arbitrage strategies, you need a good charting package, which esignal certainly did not have to date

but it is their support which was just as bad, they just dont have a clue

if you do not trade full on everyday - you will never know if your data supply is good or not - and if you are losing in the markets, you may find that it is lagging data which is one of the factors which is screwing you

#11     Jun 11, 2002
  2. spectre

spectre

Have any of you faced this problem with esignal?

On ocassion when the futures markets spike (very large sudden move) while using esignal, do you lose your internet connection?

I've spoken to my ISP about this and suspect that the problem lies with esignal's servers. I'm able to reconnect after a reboot and have cable modem access as a backup for order entry on a separate laptop, so the problem isn't as bad as it could be. However, it happens often enough to be annoying.

p.s. esignal 7.0 charts are good -about time (looks like a simplified ensign). Charting capabilities on earlier versions was surprisingly primitive.

I disagree about the customer service comment from another post. I've always found customer service extremely helpful (UK office).

#12     Jun 11, 2002
  3. wild

wild

#13     Jun 11, 2002
  4. stevet

stevet

wild

well, i do know what "I" am talking about - and by the way, this is not my thread, I am just contributing my experience of esignal, and i have noticed u doing PR for esignal before - dont know if you have a connection to them or are a fan, but either way, no reputable company would advertise on TV a product they did not have - which was European data - it shows what they think of their customer base - and what their management understand about brand value - if they dont value it - why should anyone else

#14     Jun 11, 2002
  5. Ditch

Ditch

SteveT,

Which datafeed do you use?

#15     Jun 11, 2002
  6. wild

wild

most likely the 1 he´s talking about ...

#16     Jun 11, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

i use multiple data feeds

#17     Jun 11, 2002