Delayed quotes on E-signal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ditch, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

I just watched the NQ fall. My signal e-signal feed was 5 pts. behind the quotes on TWS. This really sucks.

2. Could be a TWS problem as I have the same problem with TWS and Nextrend.

3. Ditch

Ditch

I don't think it's a TWS problem, because during the fall the quote on TWS was lower, so more recent, than the quotes on E-signal. It's not the first time I've noticed this.

4. pethof

pethof

The last several trading days, I experience delayed data on bigger than normal volume periods. (Esignal). This is not acceptable. If the servers cannot handle those periods, stop accept new customers or advertising for new cutomers until your servers are uptodate.

I am trading the CMEs NQs and ES. I compare Esignals data feed against the data feed from my 2 brokers. The brokers data feeds are running way ahead yours. Esignals are delayed!

I subscribed to the equity package with the CMEs eminis which is sufficent for me concerning the eminis and indices I want to receive (around 30 in total). But I see a price difference to the futures package. Maybe there is a difference in quality and speed too. If so, please let me know. The speed and timely manner of the data is most important point to me.

5. Ditch

Ditch

I also subscribed to the E-mini package, but take into consideration that, although I only need the e-mini quotes, it still costs me about $150/month. The delay of the quotes prevented me from entering the fall below 1152. This really pisses me off. I used to subscibe to myTrack, swiched to e-signal to test the charting. Think I'll go back to myTrack again.

6. Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I was about to take them up on their competitive upgrade offer...glad I didn't!

Best regards,
    Jim

7. Dear friends
    eSignal from some days not works properly: you can see at 1 min time frame many gaps, disconnection for several seconds also.
    It's incredible more then 110 $ per month and a really bad service

PS: if someone interesting I sell my registered AMIBROKER RealTime at half price
    emanuele.penta@fastwebnet.it

8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

A few comments on your respective posts.

Regarding our various service levels, all real-time packages have access to the same data and servers. The differentiation in these packages revolve around symbol counts and access to certain exchanges. They all work off the same network.

In terms of CME data, there have been a a few issues in the past where the CME data going to brokers was "faster" than the data being sent to most, if not all, vendors. The CME responded a few months back by upgrading the link for the eminis to the vendor feed and the gap between the two feeds reportedly went away.

We have had very few reported problems since but with two feeds at work here, we want to keep a close eye on the situation. If you see the problem again, please log onto our LiveRep service and let them know. We'll see what server you are connected to and do some testing. The CME did have some technical problems on Friday but I'm assuming those are not related since your posts are dated today.

In general, we benchtest the speed of our sytems against 5-6 other services each week. Whenever we see a possible problem, we investigate immediately and adjust where nec.

If you'd like to troubleshoot more directly, please send me an email with your eSignal username and the best phone # to contact you. I'll have a support rep call you and compare quotes and troubleshoot where needed. e-mail: sjohnson@esignal.com

Thanks,

9. stevet

stevet

esignal quotes and their back up has always been rubbish - they even advertised that they had european stocks when they did not have any history servers - they are out to give the least and charge as much as they can

they might reply on here as a PR issue, but if you were a customer calling into them - you would get nowhere

10. Zarrar

Zarrar

I've been using Esignal and Ive had no problems with them ever. I used a whole bunch of other services, but when it comes to charting no one lests you zoom into a chart like Esignal, at least to me thats important.

True, no feed is perfect, but Esignal is one of the most robust services out there. Time and time again I come back to it even thout they are priced higher than many others. Cheers

#10     Jun 10, 2002