Degree related to trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Johan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. As to legal issues, this is what lawyers are for.

Statistical analysis is a pre-requisite to build a theoretical and reasonable basis for your trades. By that measure, induction is actually the process you use to build your statistical analysis. Induction doesn't lead to the theory, you come up with the theory, then deduce via induction, and it is not whether you can redact the trading algorithm yourself more than it is that you can test your theory on old data that when normalized is applicable to future pricing problems and trading decisions.

Statistical analysis is required to build a foundation for your induction. Induction by itself is too broad. Without statistical analysis, your most basic conclusions by your induction are meaningless because you still need to test your theories, and that's only accomplished through statistical analyses and processes that enforce your induction. It's not that statistical analysis surmounts the problem of induction more than that it is required to properly analyze data. No matter what you do to base your decisions on, hopefully it has something to do with judgements on timing, pricing, and other endogenous variables directly related to your trading decisions.

I will just assume random things like the phases of the moon are not part of your induction and reasonable basis. Rationally, all prices are governed by expectations, and the only way to analyze these assumptions is with statistics.

Incidentally, proflogic is a very good friend of mine, and definitely has a very logical trading method.

#31     Jun 3, 2010
  2. Well, the ones who don't probably aren't working on Wall Street, and I just assume people rationally trust professionals with their money over themselves without such a background.

#32     Jun 3, 2010
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Kobe Bryant and Ted Nugent are professionals. But, I digress.

Anyways, what is a C2 vendor? What are you selling?

#33     Jun 3, 2010
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Get a 4 yr in Pysch. Get to know yourself and others.

MOst importantly , know thy self in this biz.

You can learn the data, numbers etc.. later,

EF

#34     Jun 3, 2010
  5. I'm not sure I follow. I didn't mention anything about C2, but it is a site that tracks trading strategies. I'm selling trading advice in the hopes that I can profitably arbitrage my chosen instruments, QID and QLD.

#35     Jun 3, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

You don't follow? Have you ever read your profile on ET?

Do you own this "C2" website?

Interesting. Are you a broker? To what type clients do you sell trading advice and what is the cost for your advice?

(No, I'm not going to ask how much money you make.)

You seem like a real hustler. And, I'm A-OK with that. It's just that some hustlers have a strong tendency to imply that their way is the only way. This is where the road splits for me.

#36     Jun 3, 2010
  7. Certainly wouldn't imply I'm the only way. I'm not a hustler because I believe in honesty, and it's impossible to manipulate trading data from a 3rd party.

www.collective2.com aka:C2

No, I don't own the site.

#37     Jun 3, 2010
  8. BSAM

BSAM

I didn't mean to imply that a "hustler" is someone who is necessarily dishonest, at least in my opinion.

BTW Billy Gibbons is a professional too. Uh huh huh huh huh :cool:

Have a goodun'.

#38     Jun 3, 2010
  9. Yes, definitely a pro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Gibbons

Lol.--Peace

#39     Jun 3, 2010
  10. Statistical analysis can never verify basic conclusions. At most it can be used to falsify conjunctions. The only way to adress the problem of induction as it relates to trading would indeed be to use variables that are endogenous to the market. They'd have to used in a way that constructs a model through deduction however, and at that point you've left the paradigm that relates to the market through statistical analysis and induction.

#40     Jun 3, 2010