Deflation?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by GlobalFinancier, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Nononsense wrote..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from libertad:

Inflation nor deflation would be bad if everyone adjusted one to one at the very same time...
    []

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an economic pipe-dream.

von Mises in his book "Human action" was perhaps the first to give a fully sensible explanation for the above phenomena and how these are caused by the way people act in those circumstances.

...................................................................................................

Of course it is impossible...this was implied...

Excellent commentary....

#11     Jul 10, 2006
  2. Mizer: counting Price bars is the simplest method I know of to project Time targets.

I found that the Lucas fibonacci ratio number series rather than the Fibonacci series works for me with forex pairs:
    1, 3, 4, 7, 11, 18, 29, 47, 76, 123, 199 — any timeframe.

Indicies, futures and stocks may count better using the Fibonacci series:
    1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144.

The technique of using Bar Counts is similar to the use of the Fibonacci Price Levels (Retracement) tool to project Price targets.

#12     Jul 10, 2006
  3. This is the best post on this thread. I was starting to wonder as I read through the initial posts, how many people were going to refer to the price drop in electronics as "deflation". In terms of economics that is NOT deflation, it is merely a reflection of a competetive market. In fact, if the prices didn't drop and new technology kept getting more expensive, that would be a sign of hyperinflation.

One thing that wasn't mentioned in the above post that is worth mentioning, is that world trade can solve the hypothetical deflationary spiral.

#13     Jul 10, 2006