Definition of Atheism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 4, 2009.

1. The origin of God:

He always was.

makes perfect sense. :D

#31     Sep 6, 2009
  2. Wallet

Wallet

You can condemn what ever you want, but you can't comprehend the simple statement that I made.

The verses you quoted have nothing to do, what so ever with your comparative " honor your Father and Mother. They are taken out of context.

The understanding of God's word is given through revelation by the Hold Spirit. You obviously have no intention or desire of a personal relationship with your Creator. It's logical that it's understanding would elude you.

The world cannot grasp the message of the Bible as it goes against the Natural Man's self-interest. Say what ever you want too, I'm deluded, blah blah, but the message and words of the Bible are alive and living inside the hearts of those who have sought after it.

#32     Sep 6, 2009
  3. Education? What education proves that there is no life after death? What education PROVES that God doesnt exist? But here...lets try an experiment to see how that education is working out for you.

1. Hold out your hand and open it and notice that there is nothing in it.

2. Wait for that nothing to become something.

A little bit of science moves man away from God.
    A lot of science moves man back toward God.

Look at the complexity of a cell. How can any reasonable man look at that and think it just happen and was not designed? Google Irreducible Complexity or just click this link. (which you probably will not do because you want to stay in your limited educational bubble)

http://www.creationevolution.net/irreducible_complexity.htm

#33     Sep 6, 2009
  4. It doesnt make sense to you? Kind of funny because it made sense to a whole lot of atheists who said the universe always existed before they had their big bang theory to grab onto.

#34     Sep 6, 2009
  5. let's assume the universe always was.
    now, why do you feel the necessity to create God out of this?
    that's the real question you need to answer after much introspect !

#35     Sep 6, 2009
  6. stu

stu

You have done nothing to explain how "Honor thy father and mother" is not taken out of context whilst "those other verses" are.

Mumbling "Holy Spirit" doesn't explain Bible messages which encourage HATE of family and self .

Rather I would say, it tells more about the depravity of those who would keep such degeneracy "alive and living" and the questionable stability "of those who have sought after it."

#36     Sep 6, 2009
  7. Wallet

Wallet

You have no idea how ludicrous you sound. The last half of Luke Chapter 14 deals with understanding the cost of discipleship and it's worth.

Basically if your don't put the Lord first before family your not fit to follow him. He used dramatic language to drive home the importance.

You can take any single verse and interpret it out of context if not taken in context with the whole passage.

But I believe you know that , your just throwing out asinine comparisons trying to drive home a point and failing miserably.

Believe what you want, you have heard and read the truth, the responsibility falls on you.

#37     Sep 6, 2009
  8. stu

stu

Yes, and the cost of this discipleship malarkey is that you shall HATE your family and yourself if you want to be a disciple. That much is made abundantly clear. Have you any idea how ludicrous you sound in attempting to circumvent those words and their meaning?

You are obviously trying to water those words and meanings down and skate around them. Probably because you know they represent an abhorrent demand.
    It is noticed you are not trying to do the same with the words and meanings of another Bible text, although both are in context and have clear meanings.

What you describe as asinine comparisons are supposed to be the actual words of "the Lord", the word of God. What you are calling asinine comparisons are in fact Biblical text.

I am not obliged to believe anything. I can however judge by standards of common decency that there is a debased morality in putting some fictional story book character before your family, and in considering words which tell you to hate them and yourself in order for you to hold a perverted ideal.
    Both confirm there is something very wrong in believing you are following anything that is true or good.

#38     Sep 7, 2009
  9. Wallet

Wallet

Stu,

What you don't understand is the fact that GOD is real, his words are not some fictional storybook.

You want something concrete, something you can put your hands on, it's there in front of you, except that your natural senses cannot comprehend spiritual maters. You come to God in faith and repentance, as God draws individuals to Himself.

What you can't comprehend I feel and experience in my life. No, God does not talk to me in an audible voice, but I feel his presence, love, His guidance in my life everyday. I see his work and my answered prayers, I also feel his correction when I sin.

God's work can be seen in the life of every true believer, as they are a new creature.

Because of what He has done in my life, makes me love my family even more. Because his love shines through me, when I let it. How is it that Jesus said Love one another, yet you say hate your family. The Bible doesn't contradict itself, just our limited understanding at times.

What seems false and a fairytale to you is very much real to me.

I can't help you my friend, the understanding comes from God and God alone, but if you ask Him he will reveal it to you.

regards

#39     Sep 7, 2009
  10. you are simply feeling an emotion based on a delusion. every believer of every religion feels their god deep down is relating with them. if you had been born in a muslim country you would have the same deep feeling about allah.

#40     Sep 7, 2009