Definition of a bonus

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by blade235, Nov 3, 2008.

1. poyayan

poyayan

People in Congress tried, but Paulson said that will be a deal breaker for him.

So, they end up with exec com cap for FUTURE contract as a window dresser.

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. I dont think bailout money should fund bonus pools

However

I do my job and meet or excede what Im supposed to do, and because the people at the top are running the business into the ground I am getting paid dick ie small base with no bonus in 2 quarters and Im pretty much assured nothing at year end. I have no incentive to make money and wonder why I come into work alot of days.

Anyways maybe I am just venting, but a lot of people with no hand in steering the economy toward destruction probably worked their ass off for their bonus.

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. That is true - a lot of people have no say in what is decided at higher levels but work very hard all year, and end up being screwed out of what they rightfully earned.

When it happens on Main Street, those companies go out of business, and hopefully new companies that are better rise or grow their own market share and can hire displaced workers.

That is the basis of capitalism.

Wall Street is signaling to the world that is is not capitalistic - and may NEVER have been capitalistic. It is the Soviet style of rule where position trumps beneficial production.

#13     Nov 4, 2008