Definitely not good news.............

Discussion in 'Trading' started by klurby, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Probably because nobody actually believes Congress and the White House will do anything not consistent with Business As Usual.

#21     Jul 10, 2011
  2. fuzzzy

fuzzzy

Item #1 will help immensely. Make the bastards get a normal 9-5 job when they get out of office. Live with the people and the laws they set while in office.

#22     Jul 10, 2011
  3. But the Fed is the bond market.

#23     Jul 10, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I have been saying for weeks do NOT worry about the debt ceiling, DO NOT WORRY, this is just a game they are playing, do you honestly think they wont come to a conclusion. Trust me if they bailed out the economy with worthless trillions they will raise the debt ceiling, anyone who is worried about this nonsense is a complete fool. Sit back and relax and pay no attention to media and what is going on, its worthless dribble thats all it is, in a few weeks the debt ceiling be raised by either few hundred billion to keep it going for a month or 2 as they reach a deal or close a deal by July 22nd to raise it another couple of trillion dollars. DO NOT WORRY, they will not let the economy default. Thats the last thing Bubble ben bernanke and geithner want to worry about as they still try to figure out how to still correct this credit crisis which the economy is still in!

#24     Jul 10, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Not true. Freshman Republicans are dead-set against more spending, which is why Congress is deadlocked on the issue to begin with.

#25     Jul 11, 2011
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Yea, but the Fed can't control the dollar. We either do a mini Zimbabwe or 1929.

#26     Jul 11, 2011
  7. Dollar should go up.

#27     Jul 11, 2011
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Let Obama ignore congress. I'm hoping he does. That will pretty much confirm all of the accusations that he's essentially the spend maniac everyone is accusing him. It essentially isolates all of those independents from voting for him next time around.

Mark my words, even if you don't believe me now. If Obama unilaterally raises the debt ceiling, he is assured at being a one term President.

#28     Jul 11, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

How would you know?

#29     Jul 11, 2011
  10. spindr0

spindr0

That would most likely be true in other election cycles but it's hard to envision with the current slate of flawed Republican wannabes running. The 2012 election is likely to be who you don't want as president versus who you do.

#30     Jul 11, 2011