Defining Moment: Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Boo hoo hoo it won't matter. Obama will lose because he doesn't appeal to working, hard working white Americans like Joe the Plumber. Hillary should have been the nominee.

#41     Oct 20, 2008
  2. I mean look it... this guy beat Hillary Clinton
    ----------------

Hilliary beat herself. Who wants to listen to a yelling angry old white woman? I can call home if I want some of that.

#42     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Colon Powel isn't a hard working American like Joe the Plumber, but part of the establishment. The endorsement won't change any minds.

#43     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Asshole......... Joe the plumber isn't 1/100th the man Powell is!

#44     Oct 20, 2008
  5. --Named the Hart-Rudman commission to report on nature of terrorist threats and major steps to be taken to combat terrorism.
    -Clinton Administration sent legislation to Congress to TIGHTEN AIRPORT SECURITY. (Remember, this is before 911) The legislation was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the airlines.
    -Clinton Administration sent legislation to Congress to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF TERRORIST FUNDING. It was defeated by Republicans in the Senate because of opposition from banking interests.
    -Clinton Administration sent legislation to Congress to add tagents to explosives, to allow for BETTER TRACKING OF EXPLOSIVES USED BY TERRORISTS. It was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the NRA.
    -Clinton Administration increased the military budget by an average of 14 per cent, reversing the trend under Bush I.
    -Clinton Administration tripled the budget of the FBI for counterterrorism and doubled overall funding for counterterrorism
    -Clinton Administration detected and destroyed cells of Al Qaeda in over 20 countries
    -Clinton Administration created national stockpile of drugs and vaccines including 40 million doses of smallpox vaccine.
    -Of Clinton Administration's efforts says Robert Oakley, Reagan Ambassador for Counterterrorism: "Overall, I give them very high marks" and "The only major criticism I have is the obsession with Osama"
    -Paul Bremer, current Civilian Administrator of Iraq disagrees slightly with Robert Oakley as he believed the Clinton Administration had "correctly focused on bin Laden.

The US spends more on the military than the other top ten countries combined (almost fifty percent of the whole budget if you include retirement and medical benefits for ex-military). And no, an even bigger military would not have made a difference on 9/11.

#45     Oct 20, 2008
  6. How do you know? Joe was in the military. Maybe he was.

But that's not the point, is it? Powell's got a hard on for Bush. Second, Joe got the Anointed one away from a teleprompter to say what he was really thinking, which was...........

"........redistribute the wealth."

Pretty hard for me to bellieve you trade, and that doesn't bother you.

The government wastes money, plain and simple. Give them more, and they'll want more, and more and more. Liberals tell you how to live. That is not arguable. From toda's Drudge:

DER SPIEGEL: Why Europeans Love Obama...
    Obama vows to 'change the world'...
    ACORN INSTILLED FEAR: WORKERS...
    Pelosi: '100% Barack's Gonna Win'...
    Nears record for spending on ads...

The last from a man who signed a Document saying he would comply and use only Federal funds. He's a liar. Got that? a liar.

Forgot one: FAIRNESS DOCTRINE: DEMS GET SET TO MUZZLE THE RIGHT?

#46     Oct 20, 2008

7. YOU ARE A FUCKING HYPOCRITE.

#47     Oct 20, 2008
  8. Except he didn't say that.

Actually he said that he would use public funding if McCain did the same -- McCain then (illegally, as it turned out) tried to opt out.

Say, you wouldn't be a Fox viewer, would you? :)

#48     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Colon Bowel will not give Obama a polling boost

#49     Oct 20, 2008
  10. Like I said on page #7........ I knew Mr Powell back when he was only a 2 star General. He was on my chain of command. Hes a straight up solid leader with over 80% approval rating. For your information I too was in the military..... and was very well commendated. I also said I dont go for that wealth redistribution shit..... neighter does any other American...... unless one is a dead beat. Obama screwed up that answer for sure..... but being that "Joe" was a plant....... McCain is toast.

#50     Oct 20, 2008