Defining Moment: Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. The picture Powell was talking about:
    [​IMG]
    The Republican hatred clearly has gone too far.

#21     Oct 19, 2008
    #22     Oct 19, 2008
  3. sg20

sg20

The Republican administration are known for cutting taxes in contrast to the democrats, it's just as obvious and there's no need for proof, who's definitely going to cut taxes and who's going to raise taxes eventually.

#23     Oct 19, 2008
  4. If Powell was endorsing McCain i bet all the liberals here would blame the Iraq war on Powell.

#24     Oct 19, 2008
  5. Oh goody.

I'm definitely going to vote for Obama now. Because Colin Powell said so.

Give me a break.

#25     Oct 19, 2008
  6. This is HUGE and is making reverbations throughout both political parties even as we speak here.

As far as your vote is concerned ... couldn't care less.

#26     Oct 19, 2008
  7. I think it needs to be noted that Mccain was desperately courting Gen Powell's endorsement

#27     Oct 19, 2008
  8. Wow.

I didn't know that. But it makes very good sense.

What many of the more convservative whites on the board may not be aware of is that there is a substantial body of middle and upper class people of color (many are african-american, others are people of color from another country) who call America home and who, no doubt while they love the idea of having Barack Obama as President of the United States have been fence sitting up until now.

I'd say Colin's 11th hour decision to do the right thing is going to bring them into the fold. :)

Remember: Lets make sure we do not Snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory!

#28     Oct 19, 2008
  9. sg20

sg20

Powell must be bittered when he was strong armed by Donald Rumsfeld and forced to resigned and how his understudied Condolisa Rice can handle the job better than he was. His endorsement of Obama has little impact on the outcome of the election due to the fact that he always preferred to stay out of public view and has limited influence on his associates. There's always one in the crowd to leave his file and rank and redemption may be is the right word in the making.

#29     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Four ex Sec of State endorse McCain. Powell supports O'Bama.

The Democratics have controlled the Hill for two years. How's that working out?

Buffett, Powell, Wall St................. they all think they can get O'Bama in, and control any damage he can cause. That's what the politicians who took Wall st. money thought.

McCain made the point today. O'Bama signed a pledge to take public financing when 'he was a longshot'. Then, when it suited him, he did what he wanted. In my world, that's called 'lying'. These geniuses, the elite who know the inside, are getting more than they bargained for.

If O'Bama wins, we are in for a miserable four years. That's all he'll last. Hillary will take him on two years from now, when it all starts again.

Pandora's box can swing wide open, unless John get s in.

BTW. Has Barack O'Bama mentioned anything at all about 'crossing the aisle?" No. At least in this instance, he isn't lying. Because he won't.

#30     Oct 19, 2008