Defining Moment: Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. I'm not surprised that one affirmative action black would support another. Powell was always the classic RINO, republican in name only. Basically, he was a sell-out who went to the highest bidder. He did what he was told by both Bushes and now resents the fact that the media cut him out for doing so. This is his chance to get back in the good graces of the media and he is not about to let it slip away. Can't say I really blame him, but please spare me the lectures about what a great man he is. He is at best an ingrate and at worst a liar and fraud, but either way those qualities fit right in with Obama.

#11     Oct 19, 2008
  2. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Colin Powell has obviously awakened to see the absoutely dire situation that the Republican Party has placed the future of America in and he is stepping up to the plate, taking his stand and doing something about it.

And thank you to the OP for starting this thread, because if you had not, I would have.
    This will prove to be a major and telling blow to the McCain/Palin duo and quite likely will turn to the tide, ultimately resulting in the election of Obama/Biden.

Oh happy day.

:)

#12     Oct 19, 2008
  3. Yep. AND I AM SURE you would post this exact same sentiment had he come out this morning and endorsed McCain. Wouldn't you?!

LMAO

You once again prove my point: right-wingers are total hypocrites most of the time!

#13     Oct 19, 2008
  4. Bravo !

Let's get this Country moving forward and restore some dignity and honor ! I could give a F who leads us there, republican or independent or democrat so long as we get there!! I am sick of all this corription and waste and cheating that goes on in government and politics and in corporate America. The entitlements that some people think are theirs... whether liberal or conservative!

In this election I am positive that Palin/McCain cannot lead us to a new vision and a new inspiration..... and cannot move us forward to the extent that Obama can! Is Obama perfect? No. But I trust him mroe than a whack-job like Palin with her dogma and McCain with his old view of the world.

THIS IS A NEW TIME! I am a baby-boomer but I am objective and honest enough to accept that it is time for a generational change and a new paradigm! I think it is time for the younger generations to step up to the plate. They will be living most of their lives in the future. It is their deficit, their environment and their security that is really on the line. The baby boomers and "greatest generation" had their chance and contributed mightily!!

It is time to pass the torch so to speak!

#14     Oct 19, 2008
  5. sg20

sg20

Powell's move is a political decision. If McCain wins the Secretary of State selection will be Joe Lieberman or Condolisa Rice so he has no choice but to switch side; a wise move on his part and it's going to be a curve ball for the democrats. Either way, both sides will stand firmly in their belief, the conservative are pro gun, pro life, anti gay marriage, and anti terrorists so obviously there's no love loss w/ Powell's decision, just shifting a big load of war mongering sh*t to the liberals side that's all.

#15     Oct 19, 2008
  6. How disapointing to see posts like these and many others from traders whom otherwise I've respected their views and their opinions.

While Pab(s)tPrime is the extreme, I am sure there are many others here who harbor his views.

I know you guys are angry, and hey, I would be too if my own political leadership, my elected officials, and my major business institutions (which the American Economy is based on, btw ... uh hello!) had sold me down the river the way your people have done to you.

Frankly (and quite literally) you people have absolutely NO ONE to blame but yourselves. It's terrible for me to go to parties, speak to white middle class men and women, and see how their 401k's, pensions and livlihoods have been destroyed by the greed of fools.

You'd be amazed at just how many people want this change ... like someone else on this thread has mentioned, it's the (old school) white men who tend to only vote Republican (they also like to send young men off to die in meaningless wars, btw), everyone else has to take a very close look at their lives and see what they're getting, and I don't think anyone else likes what they see ... especially not the up and coming young turks. :D

#16     Oct 19, 2008
  7. LOL, I know we're on different sides of this table, but that's a good post, and it's very well spoke.

But what you fail to mention is that it also adds a helluva a lot of respectablity to the Obama/Biden ticket, and shifts many centrist Republicans (who might not be as offended by the concepts of pro abortion, gay marriage and are neutral on the "terrorism" issue) as you might think.

It also brings proven military leadership to Obama's ticket, and introduces the concept of black solidarity in a proactive and positive light.

All-in-all an extremely win, win, win day for the Obama Camp, I'm sure they're drinking champagne during their Sunday Bruch to celebrate it!

#17     Oct 19, 2008
  8. How dare you smear such a decorated American. Really, who do you think you are?

#18     Oct 19, 2008

9. JJ this guy is promising to raise taxes on the 5% of the population that already pay 60% of the taxes.

He has never stood against his own party and his party controlled congress has lower approval ratings than Bush, like if that was possible.

Your democrats friends are already trying to introduce legislation to tax the 'rich' evil traders.

Going 'universal' with health will create more goverment, and a system of abuse and waste. Look at welfare and other goverment controlled programs including FNM.

Everytime 'goverment' gets involved in trying to 'help' the poor by giving them handouts we all lose, becuase the act in itself doesn't eliminate proverty, it only perpetuates it.

And also, I can't see why handing down a democrat president to a democratically controlled congress, bent on raising taxes and making goverment bigger is such a good thing at a time like this. Hoover tried it and you know what happened.

Hope I am wrong.

#19     Oct 19, 2008
  10. You will be "wrong" and I think if you have some faith it might just turn out well for all concerned. Let's give intelligence a chance!!! The last time we did... Clinton... for some reason... whether coincidentally or of Clinton's doing ... it turned out to be 8 great economic years for all concerned ! And if you review history Clinton inherited another economic fiasco from good old actor R. Reagan!

#20     Oct 19, 2008