Defining Moment: Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. So ...what up there hapa's....cat got your tongue?

#91     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Some Americans relied on him that day to supply the righteousness - he lied. His spot in history gets an asterisk - like Bonds. They're both shitbags.

#92     Oct 22, 2008
  3. timcar

timcar

If Obama does win President of USA maybe a good old TAX and SPEND liberal at this point in time would help balance the US budget deficit.

#93     Oct 22, 2008
  4. One can hope -- the current philosophy of cut taxes and increase spending doesn't seem to be working.

#94     Oct 22, 2008
  5. No, not at all, Doc.

Good grief, don't tell me you've been sitting at your computer all day feverishly clicking the refresh button in anticipation of my response to you...?!

Minor things like work and family, and now, Fantasy Football, distract me from ET. Good grief, but I'm addicted to this FF! I'm pouring over stats and matchups, contemplating trades...I literally spend hours of my free time on this stuff!

Anyway, to answer your question, what do I see now two years later: I see a country that is on a tightrope and needs our help more than ever. I see amazing progress over the past couple of years in terms of the level of violence decreasing and benchmarks being reached by the Iraqis.

Whether opponents of the war like to admit it or not, things have gotten much better over the last two years. The fact that Iraq is not front-page news anymore speaks to the liberal media's frustration and the gradual progress being made there.

But there's a long way to go. If Iraq is to be a stable country, run by an elected government, and of course an ally, they will continue to need our help. There are key provincial and national elections coming up that may very well decide if Iraq continues to progress or reverses into anarchy. The security arrangement has to be decided on by the end of this year, as well. To withdraw our forces now would be nuts. The Iraqis are not yet ready to take over.

I found this article about the situation earlier this summer and thought it was very informative:

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080...eth-m-pollack/how-to-leave-a-stable-iraq.html

I'm curious as to your opinion of the article, if you find it biased in any way or not.

I now await your inevitable barrage of questions.

And by the way, if you're only happy fighting or fuckin', you must be a pretty miserable guy....LOL! Just kiddin'! I know you're knee deep in pussy and instigating brawls with your Vets for Code Pink buddies! :)

#95     Oct 24, 2008