Defining Intra-Day Trend...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Breakout, May 23, 2002.

1. Thanks for the post:

I've looked at them, but haven't figured a way to use them to help me see a trend. What's your criteria?

#21     May 24, 2002
  2. PHISEL

PHISEL

When bands are very near and the 20-MA is flat, it is a flat range but we expect a big move , and the prices can move strongly out the upper or the lowwer band, and the bandwith increase , because volatility increase.

when bands and 20-MA are flat but in a large size, there is a small trend within the upperband and the lowerband.

It is a more visual approch than ADX, but the moves of BB and ADX are comparable.

#22     May 24, 2002

3. Sounds great buddy...I'll definitely lay it out on some charts and check it out.:)

#23     May 24, 2002
  4. PHISEL

PHISEL

BB works in any time-frame. three time-frames are good (60min-15min-5min for exemple, or weekly-daily- hourly charts);
    The parametres are classicals : 20 period-moving average (middle band) and + - 2 standard-deviation (upper and lower band).

#24     May 24, 2002
  5. "50% is cool...which one is your favorite?"

I use LBR's 3/10 oscillator, the ticks and a 20 ema.but just to confirm a chart pattern that I like. I give about 80% weignt to the chart pattern, 20% to the indicators.

#25     May 24, 2002
  6. frogy

frogy

Breakout

What software program are you using to chart 100 tick bars?

Thanks

#26     May 24, 2002
  7. peter77

peter77

You can use a real time screener like Traderbot to spot Nas 100 stocks that momentarily pull a jump or dip that you can jump on. Works for me. Of course don't short a shooting star on a strong day and don't buy a bugger on weak day. This style means you're not in anything 95% of the time. Actually don't try reversals (picking the bottom or top) until you have at least 1000 momentum trades under your belt.

#27     May 25, 2002
  8. Hi...I use Omega Supercharts real/time. I 've been told that
    omega has stopped selling their stand-alone software in order to promote their on-line "Tradestation 6" , but you can occasionally find omega products for sale on Ebay.

Supercharts real/time, Tradestation 4 and Tradestation 2000i
    will all draw 100 tick charts. Hope this helps.

P.S. Also, I would just like to thank all you guys that posted on this thread. Some very interesting stuff. Thanks!!

#28     May 26, 2002
  9. frogy

frogy

Breakout

Thanks for the info!

#29     May 26, 2002